PDA

View Full Version : My addiction to this website...

armoredsaint
11-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Since getting back to serious detailing two months ago with my TT, I find myself spending a good bit of time here reading and researching, for the past month I have spent about $500 PC, pads, polishes, waxes, MF and etc... I need help :eek: And when I talk about detailing to friends and family, they think I`m a nut, but then they ask me to do there cars after seeing mine...my price is $300, so far no takers as I do it only for my own selfishness. :D

And thanks for everyones help!

scottabir
11-29-2003, 02:55 PM
HEHEHE good thing we all have fellow autopians that listen. Although I have to admit it is kinda like an AA meeting that serves alcohol...We too have an addiction to detailing, but did you hear about product X and what it can do?

Jesstzn
11-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Ever look at your touch up paint .. then wonder how it would look on your nails .. buffed out with DACP and then a coat of P21S as a topper...

Guys need not reply ... well I guess you could if your out of the closet..

Nope .. I`m not addicted..

Bill D
11-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Since getting back to serious detailing two months ago with my TT, I find myself spending a good bit of time here reading and researching, for the past month I have spent about $500 PC, pads, polishes, waxes, MF and etc... I need help :eek: And when I talk about detailing to friends and family, they think I`m a nut, but then they ask me to do there cars after seeing mine...my price is $300, so far no takers as I do it only for my own selfishness. :D

And thanks for everyones help!

Tell me about it! Since getting my car earlier this year and prepping it myself I`ve amplified my obsession for detailing like never before :D I spent at least $500 too just on detailing products, not to mention acccesories for the car too:eek:

All who know me aren`t surprised any more when I casually describe the lengths I go to in detailing my cars. Even the mail carrier isn`t surprised any more :D

For me , a $300 detail couldn`t fit into 1 day. I would ask if the person wouldn`t mind leaving the car with me for 2 days. I`m certain they would be very happy they did.

jchetty
11-29-2003, 07:06 PM
mine is spreading. i now find myself changing the oil, tranny fluid and the flushing radiator on a friday rather than going out. btw my car is an 03 and only 6 months old. i think i need to seek professional help.

Bill D
11-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Jchetty,

Wow, I respect that. My car is 6 months old too, havent done anything mechanically to it yet but I do have a lot of fun doing oil/ coolant changes on my 89 Caddy.

jchetty
11-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Jchetty,

Wow, I respect that. My car is 6 months old too, havent done anything mechanically to it yet but I do have a lot of fun doing oil/ coolant changes on my 89 Caddy.

:D :D the qew and poorboys s & makes washing the car so quick, i have all this extra time now