PDA

View Full Version : Which Meguiars Products Should I Use?

ww50th
11-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Hello everybody! It`s been awhile since i`ve been here.....moved to a different state, bought a house, building a garage, had a baby, bought a Grand Cherokee and another Alfa.............

Been a busy year!!

Anyway- my question: Which Meguiars products should I write down and leave on the computer desk so my darling wife will see them and get them for me for Christmas? ;)

I have a Porter Cable, have been using Blackfire, but want something I (she) can get somewhat locally. Rumor has it there is a Meguiars store in Louisville. I would like an easy to use polish and something nice to top it with. The Jeep isn`t a paved road only, kept in a garage kinda vehicle, neither are the Alfa`s, we drive our cars!! When the gagrage gets built they`ll go in there but it`s cold and probably won`t get done `till Spring!

Anything similar to the Blackfire stuff? I like it, but would like to try something else.....

Spilchy
11-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Follow this Meguiars routine with your PC and proper pad selection and you`ll be GOLDEN!

Wash and Clay

#83 DACP Meguiar`s Dual Action Cleaner/Polish (compound pad)

#82 SFP Meguiar`s Body Shop Professional Swirl Free Polish (polish pad)

#20 Meguiar`s Polymer Sealant (polish pad or by hand)

#26 Meguiar`s Hi Tech Yellow Wax (hand)

#34 Meguiar`s Final Inspection after each wash. You can use Meguiars Gold Class or #00 High Tech Wash.

Phew, I think that covers some of the popular Meguiars products used.

imported_Greg
11-28-2003, 05:00 PM
What he said, but I would say replace Final Inspection with Final Detail.

Scottwax
11-28-2003, 06:54 PM
What Spilchy and Greg said.

Definitely go with the Body Shop Pro line for your polishes and swirl removers.

imported_memnuts
11-28-2003, 07:07 PM
Welcome back. Sounds like you had a wondeful year!!! :bounce

Ditto to above suggestions but also keep your eyes open for a NEW Meguiar`s product. NXT

Do a search here and catch up about this product before you spend money on #20

Another vote for FD ( I have both and FD (#51) rocks!!!)

ww50th
11-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Sheesh, that`s why I love this place! Whithin a few hours all my questions are answered, my wife will find EXACTLY what I "need" and all is well here........

Except it`s snowing! Well, not really SNOWING but there is a bit of the white stuff decorating the bright red Alfa!!! Anyone wanna help build a garage??

Thanks Spilchy for the quick response, and to all that agree. With such solid recommendations I believe it will be a Merry Christmas!

Spilchy
11-28-2003, 09:00 PM
Just post a pic after a fresh detail of that 82 Alfa ;)

Maxtorque02
11-28-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 84GTV6

Sheesh, that`s why I love this place! Whithin a few hours all my questions are answered, my wife will find EXACTLY what I "need" and all is well here........

Except it`s snowing! Well, not really SNOWING but there is a bit of the white stuff decorating the bright red Alfa!!! Anyone wanna help build a garage??

Thanks Spilchy for the quick response, and to all that agree. With such solid recommendations I believe it will be a Merry Christmas!

Don`t forget to ask for your Pak Shak microfiber towells. You can never have to many of those.:xyxthumbs

ww50th
12-01-2003, 09:42 AM
Hopefully the attached phot will be attached!

imported_Aurora40
12-01-2003, 07:34 PM
I might substitute MPPP for #20, but maybe not. It has nice depth for a polymer. I might also substitute #16 for #26 as it has a look and beading closer to Blackfire. Though #26 is probably better on a black car. Just a thought... ;)