PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Final Inspection vs. Quick Detailer

tony_passat
11-26-2003, 01:35 PM
I`ve been using Meguire`s Quick Detailer for a while now (the one in the maroon bottle), and I feel that it does a great job for what it is. Also very cheap at less than $5 at Walmart.

I recently picked up a gallon of Meguiar`s Final Inspection for use with Klasse Products, and found that FI creates a less glossy feel than the much less expensive QD.:confused: The QD imparts a super glossy feel, while the FI creates just a clean "almost squeaky, grabby" feel.

Am I correct in my assessment of these two products? What are your opinions on this.

Thanks,

Tony

laynlow
11-26-2003, 02:07 PM
FI is marketed to Pros and the QD is marketed to consumers. They are almost the same product. FI is supposed to give a bit better shine.

vmunoz
11-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Yes I beleive the Final Inspection is safe for use in bodyshops as it contains no silicones. I`m pretty sure that Quik Detailer has silicones and maybe that`s why you`re getting a little more of a slick, glossier shine. Still I would think that #34 would give you a little better shine though. Next time you need a QD spray, you might try the Final Detail spray from their Meg`s detailer`s line. i`ve been using it a couple of months now and that gives an excellent shine on my black car. Around $15-17 a gallon makes it a good value too.

Tk care.... V :wavey

imported_BretFraz
11-26-2003, 03:35 PM
This is an olllllllddd question. We`ve discussed here many times. If you do a search using, "final inspection, quick detailer" you`ll find 5 pages of threads from the archives.

Basically the diffs are:

FI - No silicones

QD - Silcones

Other diffs are fragrance and coloring. And of course packaging, distribution, price, etc.

The real question is, what`s the diff between FI and FD??

laynlow
11-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Meguiars has always told me that QD does not contain silicone. Plenty of folks think it does though. :doh

tony_passat
11-26-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks for your responses everyone.

I did do a search earlier, and I did know that FI does not contain silicone while QD does (I guess this may be debatable). That`s why I got the FI for use with Klasse products. My question was really regarding the relative "slickness" of the two products. Maybe it is the silicone that affects the gloss.

Thanks,

Tony

George Wax
11-26-2003, 05:26 PM
They both basically do the same job..However, I prefer Final Detail, much better result`s I believe the part number is d-51-01 for one gallon..

94BlkStang
11-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by George Wax

They both basically do the same job..However, I prefer Final Detail, much better result`s I believe the part number is d-51-01 for one gallon..

Final Detail is awesome. Gives a nice slick finish with great gloss enhancement. I love the stuff. It can be hard to find and only available in gallon containers though. Best way to get it, is to order it from an automotive body shop supply store.:bounce

chris0626
11-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by tony_passat

I did do a search earlier, and I did know that FI does not contain silicone while QD does (I guess this may be debatable).

It`s not "debatable" according to my Meguiar`s contact. FI is silicone-free, which is why I use it on my Klasse and Zaino cars. Final Detail does contain silicone, which is why I use it on my other cars. To me, both are glossy, slick, and wonderful.

Jesstzn
11-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Lynn

It`s not "debatable" according to my Meguiar`s contact. FI is silicone-free, which is why I use it on my Klasse and Zaino cars. Final Detail does contain silicone, which is why I use it on my other cars. To me, both are glossy, slick, and wonderful.

Look up .. the silicone and debatable was referenced to QD not FD.

tony_passat
11-28-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Look up .. the silicone and debatable was referenced to QD not FD.

Thanks for your attention to "detail" in reading posts (pun intended)! Wish others were as meticulous.

-Fellow Passat owner,

Tony:up

stilez
11-28-2003, 10:40 AM
I`ve been using Quik Detailer (consumer version) with Klasse since my coats have begun. No problems whatsover and leaves a very smooth finish (whether its the Klasse or QD, I dk).

Now whether this is affecting my layering, I don`t think it is. The layers go on and come off fine and I get a little glossier each layer (up to 3 now)...