PDA

View Full Version : Sunbuf Microfiber Pads

evodelta
11-26-2003, 10:27 AM
anybody try them?

jmsc
11-26-2003, 12:55 PM
...was going to ask the same thing.

On another note, am looking at this new CMA Green Giant pad also.

Anyone try this one yet?

ccreamer
11-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Where are you seeing these?

Cory

imported_Macgirl
11-26-2003, 03:03 PM
:nixweiss I`m thinking this is what they are talking about from CMA:

http://www.properautocare.com/6mifipa.html

There is a finishing pad for PC, a gripper pad for applying sealants and a foam backed applicator for applying protectants and such.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone has used them yet. The "MiniMe" Pads look like a useful product for me.

Fixed link. -- Tort

rleven
11-27-2003, 05:06 AM
I bought a 2 pack last week. I washed my car yesterday and applied a coat of EX in 5 minutes to the whole car. If you get them make sure to just put a X of material (EX, SG, etc) on the microfinger applicator. That will last you for almost 1/2 a car. They are really good and hold up nicely to washing by hand.

Bob

imported_BretFraz
11-27-2003, 08:24 AM
I bought some yesterday at a woodworking store (Woodcraft). $15.99 for a 2-pack of 6.5" pads.

They definitely look like their a "finishing product only" pad. No cutting or polishing action at all. For applying liquid waxes or sealants, this pad looks nice.

With its ability to distribute product very thin and even I`ll bet it would be great to apply Zaino with.

ccreamer
11-27-2003, 07:02 PM
If you are searching for these, they are actually spelled SURBUF - the R looks like an N on CMA`s website.

Just FYI

Cory

Accumulator
11-30-2003, 07:15 PM
I tried the (approx.) 4" ones on my Cyclo and I didn`t like them at all. I forget what I was using, maybe 1Z Metallic Polish, but they started shedding "fingers" rather quickly and they didn`t feel soft enough for *ME* to want them touching my paint as a near or final-process applicator. They sure didn`t FEEL as soft as a foam finishing pad to me!

If anyone wants my other set of 4" ones I`ll sell them for next to nothing.

Note that, per usual, this is "just my opinion/experience", but *I* am gonna stick with foam.

ccreamer
11-30-2003, 09:20 PM
I`ll buy them from you - I sent a PM - let me know.

Cory