PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy a new Polisher, Need Help!!

Pages : [1] 2

AutoNova
11-26-2003, 09:22 AM
Ok, I am going to buy a new Polisher and I need everyone`s input on what is the best path to take. I have read all the threads and articles and it appears everyone is all about the PC 7424. Is that the right way to go? I have seen it on TOL for $210 with all the accessories pads, scrub brush, etc, is this a good deal?

If not where can I buy the machine solo cheap and all the accessories cheap? Where can you find the scrub brush and a carrying case?

What about the Makita and DeWalt?:confused:

Gonzo
11-26-2003, 09:47 AM
There are cheaper places - check out Coastal Tool or do a web search for that make & model - you`ll get dozens of hits. I bought mine locally for about $136 (instant gratification) and ordered the DAP-KIT from CMA - it arrived 4 days later

imported_BretFraz
11-26-2003, 09:50 AM
Many of us have bought the PC at Coastal Tool. See it here: http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/pr7424.htm?L+coastest+jqhy7878ff079807+1069956953

Lowes sells the same basic machine for $109. Read the Coastal Tool page (the "skinny"...) to learn the diffs between model numbers.

Makita and DeWalt do not sell a random orbital polisher like the PC. What we talk about with those mfr`s are their rotary polishers.

I usually buy my pads from TOL. Their prices are real good and shipping is reasonable.

togwt
11-26-2003, 10:18 AM
~One man’s opinion~

Detailers Paradise PC 7336 + Storage case $145(you’ve read the various threads so you’ll know differences 7424 vs 7336

Top of the line for foam pads / backing plate(s)

It really is the one tool that really does make ‘all the difference’ to the detailing experience

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect

Jesstzn
11-26-2003, 10:34 AM
I got mine from Coastal Tool... Key decission points were

1) Lowest price $119

2) Came with Velcro backing plate

3) came with 5 & 6 " counter weights

andriver
11-26-2003, 10:57 AM
I second Jesstzn. Bought mine at Coastal and also bought the Lake Country pads from Top of the line.

AutoNova
11-26-2003, 11:23 AM
http://www.topoftheline.com/porcabpolpac.html

Please check this site and let me know if this is an acceptable deal or if I can do better? I like all the accessories but can I do it cheaper with shipping? What does CT charge for their shipping?

Spilchy
11-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

~One man’s opinion~

Detailers Paradise PC 7336 + Storage case $145(you’ve read the various threads so you’ll know differences 7424 vs 7336

Top of the line for foam pads / backing plate(s)

It really is the one tool that really does make ‘all the difference’ to the detailing experience

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect

Wow! Great site! I am buying the carrying case for the PC. I just got the Makita and the Makita bag for it.

Jesstzn
11-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by AutoNova

http://www.topoftheline.com/porcabpolpac.html

Please check this site and let me know if this is an acceptable deal or if I can do better? I like all the accessories but can I do it cheaper with shipping? What does CT charge for their shipping?

CT was $7.50 UPS ground to Spokane.. I don`t think your in that big a rush you need UPS air

Jesstzn
11-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

~One man’s opinion~

think .. but not sure .. wiht this one you still need the backing pad ..

To me Coastal tool for the 7424 and TOL for a few pads is the way to go .

$119 for the 7424 from Coastal

$ 45 for 6 assorted pads from TOL

S/T $154

shipping 2 x $7.50 = $15

total $169

Nick@DParadise
11-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the comments and traffic. A few things to consider are the quality of the backing plate, and shipping costs. At DP any order over $100 ships free. Sorry if this comes across as too commercial, but I want to make sure you a looking at the entire scope of the transaction.

kpounds
11-26-2003, 01:28 PM
I got my 7424 from Coastal Tool and 6- 7.5 inch pads from Top of the Line. My total cost was about $185. I think you come out with more for your money buying separately. The 7424 comes with a 5 inch counterweight installed, but Coastal throws in the 6 inch for free. You`ll need a size 15 Torx driver to change it out. You`ll like the 7424, I`m just a hobbyist, but have picked up a couple family jobs and its paid for itself already.

AutoNova
11-26-2003, 06:19 PM
When you add on the scrub brush which I have seen for $13 it drives the price a lot closer to the $200 price. Does anyone use their PC to do carpets?

On another note AutoGeek had the 32oz AIO and SG for $55, is that a good deal?

Spilchy
11-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Nick@DParadise

Thanks for the comments and traffic. A few things to consider are the quality of the backing plate, and shipping costs. At DP any order over $100 ships free. Sorry if this comes across as too commercial, but I want to make sure you a looking at the entire scope of the transaction.

I ordered from you folks today based on this thread! I bought the PC carrying case. I have been looking for it for AGES!

I spoke to a lovely woman on the phone. She was very nice and a pleasure to speak with concerning detailing. I told her about this site.

I have bookmarked you folks and hope to return for more purchases.

Thanks! :xyxthumbs

AutoNova
11-26-2003, 07:11 PM
I also placed an order for the PC 7424. I bought the package from TOL with all the pads for $210 and the carrying case from Coastal Tool for $20. You all were extremely helpful and thanks for all the insight. I felt like when I got everything listerd that I wanted the package deal seemed reasonable and it would come all together.

Once again thanks!!!