PDA

View Full Version : Let`s talk about brushes and Wal-Mart

AutoNova
11-25-2003, 05:56 PM
I have found a great brush at Wal-Mart for doing just about everything. It is a Mainstay or Lifestyle brand and it is located over where all the mops and cleaning supplies are located. Ther will be a wall of brushes. It is 10" long and skinny and has a blue and white handle. It has 2" worth of bristles and they are very sturdy. It is great for getting into small interior cracks when vacuuming to sweep dirt out, especially the area where the trunk and gas release are on the floor.

Also be careful at the Mart. I have found that they have a lot of the same items in different parts of the store. I almost bought a $5 scrub brush in the mop section but when I went to the paint section I found a better brush for $1.97. Same goes for buckets and spray bottles which can be found all over the store for different prices. I find Wal-Mart to always be cheaper than Home Depot or Lowes. Don`t buy the $20 buffer from WM, I made that mistake!

Also be sure to check the crafts section at WM which is where alot of times you find brushes. I like to cut about an 1" off of paint brushes to use for detailing. Sears also has a good selection of brushes.

GearHead_1
11-25-2003, 08:03 PM
Pictures of the product would be most helpful if possible. :o

Spilchy
11-25-2003, 09:54 PM
I buy my carpet brushes, little paint detail brushes, foam brushes, buckets, carrying cases, plastic drawers for storage and plastic boxes for storage all at Target.

You can find a lot of great little odds and ends for less money.

Jesstzn
11-25-2003, 10:43 PM
I must be getting serious or you guys are rubbing off on me .. I just bought a Rubber Maid tote for my MF towels. :nixweiss

Oh.. BTW just as a point of interest for all you warm weather detailers .. it snowed 9 " here in the last 24 hours .. :sosad

AutoNova
11-26-2003, 09:09 AM
Here is the brush

Gonzo
11-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Hmmm, Canada - good place for it (the snow I mean). 65-70 today in Houston, 30% chance of rain. Sunny, but coolish for Turkey Day long weekend - ideal for DACP`ing

NA-NA-DE-NA-NA

Jesstzn
11-26-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Gonzo

Hmmm, Canada - good place for it (the snow I mean). 65-70 today in Houston, 30% chance of rain. Sunny, but coolish for Turkey Day long weekend - ideal for DACP`ing

NA-NA-DE-NA-NA

Hahaha Pfftt!!! :nono

Gonzo
11-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Where in B.C.? Went to junior high and high school in Victoria, then UBC. Ended up oil-patch programmer, 11 yrs in Calgary, 4 in Denver and since `86 in H-town.

Jesstzn
11-26-2003, 10:52 AM

Where in B.C.? Went to junior high and high school in Victoria, then UBC. Ended up oil-patch programmer, 11 yrs in Calgary, 4 in Denver and since `86 in H-town.

I was born in Victoria .. ( Royal Jubilee ) now live in the Kootenays

Gonzo
11-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Nelson/Casselgar area? I spent a couple of years with the BCDOH Paving Branch in the East K`s, Golden & Windemere areas, before getting into the oil patch in Calgary. Sometimes I kick myself for leaving all that wonderful trout fishing (but not too hard). "Endless Summer + July/August" are the 2 seasons in Houston (maybe 30 days a year below 40 degrees, with at least 100 above 90) and now that my blood has thinned out, shudder at the prospect of snow.

Jesstzn
11-26-2003, 12:18 PM

Nelson/Casselgar area? I spent a couple of years with the BCDOH Paving Branch in the East K`s, Golden & Windemere areas, before getting into the oil patch in Calgary. Sometimes I kick myself for leaving all that wonderful trout fishing (but not too hard). "Endless Summer + July/August" are the 2 seasons in Houston (maybe 30 days a year below 40 degrees, with at least 100 above 90) and now that my blood has thinned out, shudder at the prospect of snow.

Trout Hmmmmmm

Kootenay Lake .. Hmmm

Caught by a guy I werk with

Actually the Trail area

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/21459/p/592489_8461802967319654539_vl.jpg

Gonzo
11-26-2003, 12:24 PM
For one that size, I would need my 10 weight fly rod with 300 yard of 30# backing! Damn fine fish!