PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm- how would you clean this mess?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BK1
11-25-2003, 04:22 PM
How would you clean this if someone bought it to you?

really messy (http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53061)

I wouldn`t know where to start.

Spilchy
11-25-2003, 04:29 PM
HOLY MOTHER OF G-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :shocked :shocked :scared :scared

If that were my car I would just keep shutting my eyes and praying when I open them that that mess would be gone - like waking from an awful nightmare.

I don`t know what I would do. If it is latex and still fresh, I think some warm water would be able to do it.

My brother has a painting business. I`m going to ask him what he would do without destroying the interior finish.

Gonzo
11-26-2003, 07:48 AM
I would refer the customer to another detailer, stating [honestly] that the problem was way beyond my experience level........

Then say WHEWWWWWWWW

togwt
11-26-2003, 10:10 AM
I saw this this morning on MBWorld, my reaction was OH! S..t

Most hade same reactions as ours, but the answers provided (which apparently worked) where paint tinners on plastic/vinyl and to replace (hopefully by Ins. Co) leather seats and steering wheel.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect

AndyC
11-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Ring the insurance co - wouldn`t even try to tackle that one!!

Pats300zx
11-26-2003, 10:29 AM
:( Thats awful...

Makes you want to get out ur power washer.

Dinzdale40
11-26-2003, 12:45 PM
I`ve never been able to keep paint down either, weak stomach I guess......:( :D

ntoddalbert
11-26-2003, 02:09 PM
If that happened to my car I swear I would cry. I would then torch it and stand back and cry some more.

C-MDX
11-26-2003, 03:23 PM
If this happens to me I`ll claim the insurance. It`s sad alright :(

Ben Z.
11-26-2003, 05:20 PM
I agree with the dude who thinks something is strange with the pics...

tlsmikey
11-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Well....i`m sad to say that my wife did something similar. She blew up a yellow can of spray paint in our lexus. I ended up taking it to a professional as I was a bit scared to touch it.

The detailer didn`t think it would come out without redying the leather, but he called the paint manufacturer and they suggested "acetone" to remove the paint. He did some test spotting to see how it affected color and we didn`t see any fading. They were able to remove all the paint with diluted acetone and then followed it up with a full leather treatment.

Kleanride
11-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Ben Z.

Thats kinda what I was thinking!

cerdas
11-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Ben Z.

If you`re saying that it is a photoshop fake, it`s a darn good one. If you pick out specific paint splatters in one photo you can see that they are in the same position in the other photos. That would be a lot of work to do just to fool somebody.

RScott29
11-26-2003, 07:08 PM
Got to wonder, latex or oil paint?

imported_ajbarnes
11-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by BK1

How would you clean this if someone bought it to you?

really messy (http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53061)

I wouldn`t know where to start.

WHAT THE!!!!!!!:scared :scared :scared :scared I`m getting sick just picturing that happening to my car!!!