PDA

View Full Version : Christmas wish list, need help

Pages : [1] 2

LightngSVT
11-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Im getting ready to submit my list to the wife and need some help. I have the PC 7424 on there (have been using a rotary for years now) and Ill need some good MF towels, applications and foam pads. Where is the best place to get quality MF towels? Ive heard people talk about Pakshak, but their towels are made in Korea and I thought you wanted to stay away from non-USA made MF`s?

Also what about foam pads? I assume Ill need red, gray and white to cover all the bases? Are the Properautocare ones the best?

Finally what esle would you recomend? Im thinking of also putting on like the Menzerna polishes, S100, or ????

Spilchy
11-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Get your pads at www.topoftheline.com

They are cheaper

Dalton
11-25-2003, 01:46 PM
I just got MF`s from Ranney at www.pakshak.com. They are amazing and Ranney is great to deal with. You wont be disappointed with quality of the towels or service you receive.

SK2003TypeS
11-25-2003, 02:01 PM
I strongly agree with Splichy and Dalton. I got the 7.5" Lake Countries from TOL and love `em. Their color scheme is yellow, white, black. I`d get at least 2 of each, you`ll see a price break.

Ranney at pakshak is a great guy to do business with. MF towels are great. Also might want to get a couple of his WW towels.

Also might want to check out www.dftowel.com. Autopians here praised it, so I had to.....for the sake of science.

paco
11-25-2003, 02:26 PM
I`ve never heard of concern over where MF are made. Cotton that`s another story where you would like 100% USA made cotton towels.

I`ve only ordered from JTinter and have been very very happy with the towels thus far (over a year now). His waffleweave are awesome for picking up water.

Wish List consideration:

MF - many many many

3M backing plate

PC 6" counterweight

Pads, pads, pads (Lake County or Meguiars)

Zaino kit (Clay, QD, ZFX/Z2)

Meguiars DACP/SFP, Endurance (non high gloss), APC+ and some Gold Class Wash

S100 - wax and GEPC

jack stands and a 3 tonne lift

torque wrench

That should keep your family buzzing ...

Dalton
11-25-2003, 03:15 PM
I forgot to mention that. I also got a couple of WW`s with my order. Wow is all I can say. No more Absorber. Dried the whole Accord with one towel and no wrining and no streaks lets. WW is amazing.

HellrotCi
11-25-2003, 03:33 PM
If you go with PakShak or JT International for your MFs, make sure your wife mentions you`re an Autopian so you`ll get treated right. DFTowels gets high praises too for their cotton MF towels on top of the fact he`s got a cool hot rod Lincoln Mk VIII.

endus
11-25-2003, 05:00 PM
The Pakshak ones are pretty freakin good...I have placed two orders and will place more in the future...highly recommended.

In terms of pads, I am still on the fence and need to do some experimenting. I am not all that thrilled with the quality of the properautocare ones as the Griot`s orange pads seem to be of slightly better quality. Nonetheless the properautocare ones have been holding up well so far. I need to experiment to see if the griots pads do as well with DACP as the properautocare ones. If they do the better quality of the backing on the Griot`s pads will make me buy them instead.

imported_memnuts
11-25-2003, 05:25 PM
I too love the job the TOL ( CMA) pads do. My only complain is their weak velco backing after the first wash. Any suggestion about re-newing the velco grip post wash (hand).

TIA

My Holiday wishes are somewhat korny but they are my actual desires.

I wish everyone the best for next year in health, vocation, detailing, love, prosperity and happiness. I am neither rich nor poor but have been gifted with a wonderful wife, loving family, home, pets, great job and co-workers and most importantly health. If I can maintain this situation and hope that others achieve such bliss, I will have the best of Holidays. :bounce

I told you it was somewhat korny. :o

PS. Maybe I`ll will make one request to Santa------ NXT ;)

AutoNova
11-25-2003, 07:46 PM
I still like the MF from Wal-Mart, no problems here after 5 packs. I just use the blue for exterior and interior and the white for windows. Terry cloth towels are a pain due to the lint and never buy red shop towels, they will dye everything.

Spilchy
11-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

I too love the job the TOL ( CMA) pads do. My only complain is their weak velco backing after the first wash. Any suggestion about re-newing the velco grip post wash (hand).

TIA

My Holiday wishes are somewhat korny but they are my actual desires.

I wish everyone the best for next year in health, vocation, detailing, love, prosperity and happiness. I am neither rich nor poor but have been gifted with a wonderful wife, loving family, home, pets, great job and co-workers and most importantly health. If I can maintain this situation and hope that others achieve such bliss, I will have the best of Holidays. :bounce

I told you it was somewhat korny. :o

PS. Maybe I`ll will make one request to Santa------ NXT ;)

OK, after that remark, make sure to ask your wife for a dress for Christmas. Maybe some new panties while you`re at it :lol :p

imported_memnuts
11-26-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Spilchy

OK, after that remark, make sure to ask your wife for a dress for Christmas. Maybe some new panties while you`re at it :lol :p

When you care for the sick everyday your values change for materialist items. I can purchase whatever I "need" thoughout the year, but I try to share the joy of living everyday. I do not always succeed in improving a patient`s quality of life but I truly give my best efforts everyday.

If you are married don`t take for granted that special person who is willing to take you with all your good and bad points. If your health is good again do not take it for granted. Look beyond yourself. Feel fortunate that the shine on your vehicle is the major concern of your life.

Look beyond yourself. Donate time at a food shelter, visit a Pediatric ward at your local hospital and maybe give these kids a toy. I believe that these types of experiences are more fulfilling than another detailing tool.

There is sooo much you`re missing. JMO and experience:wavey

AutoNova
11-26-2003, 09:13 AM
Ok, let`s not get to serious and keep it related to automotive issues. I didn `t take anything as an attack, just poking fun. It is ok to be a little pu*$y whipped, but I keep it to myself.:bow. I know we can all be more patient.

Let`s all get our PC and have a moment of grinding.

Spilchy
11-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

When you care for the sick everyday your values change for materialist items. I can purchase whatever I "need" thoughout the year, but I try to share the joy of living everyday. I do not always succeed in improving a patient`s quality of life but I truley give my best efforts everyday.

If you are married don`t take for granted that special person who is willing to take you with all your good and bad points. If your health is good again do not take it for granted. Look beyond yourself. Feel fortunate that the shine on your vehicle is the major concern of your life.

Look beyond yourself. Donate time at a food shelter, visit a Pediatric ward at your local hospital and maybe give these kids a toy. I believe that these types of experiences are more fulfilling than another detailing tool.

There is sooo much you`re missing. JMO and experience:wavey

I was just busting your chops in good fun. I too, as well as many on this board express the same sentiments that you addressed previously despite being "preached" to. :wavey

Gonzo
11-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Noze left out some stuff, so here goes -- FTVB, 4:10`s, 28" Hoosiers, Manleys, cams, ported heads with larger exhaust values, (you know - all the ususal stuff) .....

Oh, yeah, here`s another - repaint with wetsanding to eliminate OP, with pre-delivery detail by Scottwax or Anthony Orosco or Mike Phillips.

And 350 Powerstroke with enclosed trailer to haul your 10 sec. L around in