PDA

View Full Version : im bored

dafowl1
09-08-2004, 02:53 PM
I detailed everyones car and now I dont have anyone left. The few that I did are very happy with the results.but know theres no on left. Im not expensive 75 dollars for what ever it take to get the job done but everyone I ask says no im not paying you to clean my car. How do you guys get customers nothing special I just want to do maybe 1 or 2 cars a week. I enjoy detailing and I feel why not make some money doing it. is 75 dollars to much for wash clay swirl removal polish sealant. 25 dollars for interior.

Bob
09-08-2004, 02:57 PM
$75 is way too cheap if you ask me! And $25 for interiors?!?!?! You are killing yourself!
it all depends on your location and type of people in your area though.

SouthernZ71
09-08-2004, 03:22 PM
1) A good way to figure how much to charge is time yourself for each thing. Do a complete interior, check the time. Do a complete exterior, check the time. When you are done figure out how long it took you for each x what you want to make an hour = what you should charge. Starting out, $20 -$25 an hour should be right in line. Some add gas/materials into their pricing, since I`m starting out I haven`t gotten that technical.

2) Call around and find out what others are charging, best and easiest way to figure where your pricing is.

3) Get a small vinyl sign made for your car.

4) Get out and solicit... If you don`t have a full time job, treat promoting like a full time job! This morning I didn`t have an appointment and spent 5 hours soliciting biz from various locations...

5) Follow up calling

GraniteState
09-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Well It`s a #`s game the more people you talk to the more business you will pick up. Of course this does take alot of people for every 1 detail... Keep trying maybe put a add in the paper the key is though keep talking to people about what you do...

PS $75 dollars is way to cheap People might think you do lousy work for only $75 dollars in my experience I have lost work to more expensive places just becuase they thought it would come out better... i price differently now and business is steady...

Good Luck

Jay

Hawaiianelement
09-10-2004, 10:51 PM
don`t forget about your appearence. Are you dressing like a detailer that means business..first impessions mean alot. Th epeople that don`t know you are going to look at your appearence and judge your detailing skills accordingly..I`m not telling you what to do or that you got to cut your hair...lol..
I`ve had customers tell me that they don`t go with guys who`s vehicles are dirty..

So, try to be neat and dress like you been doing it for years..good luck..

Vampyre
09-11-2004, 05:59 AM
about dressing.

now when doing a look over wearing a polo with matching shorts or pants for the look over i can understand. but when im actually doing the detailing work i wear nylon/ cotton shorts and a cotton shirt my self.

is that what you mean by what to wear?

ALAN81
09-11-2004, 06:34 AM
where are you located in Queens?