PDA

View Full Version : Hand Polish, What`s The Best?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MBZ 500E
11-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Recently had a bad experience with S100 SEPC (mold) and I`m in the market for a new hand polish.

Currently my paint finish is glossy and reflective but does contain scratches and spiderwebs in the clearcoat. None of the scratches can be felt with the fingernail test so they`re light. I`d like a polish which is capable of Removing the spiderwebs and reducing the light scratches by hand. It also needs to provide a high gloss finish.

I`m considering the Megs #81 hand polish, One Grand, Vanilla Moose, Menzerna Final Polish, Einzett polish and am open to other suggestions. I prefer something I can apply by hand since I don`t have immediate access to a PC. Difficulty of application isn`t as important as good results so don`t hold back. This will be a product I`ll use 3 - 4 times a year or as necessary. The product will most likely be topped with Nxt or #7/#26 and FD.

What`s your experience and what would you suggest.....please be specific with your experiences.:)

Jesstzn
11-23-2003, 10:24 PM
The polish I favour is the Menzerna (FP) line because it has no fillers so your not doing a bunch of work to see what you thought was gone show up when the fillers leave.

Scottwax
11-23-2003, 10:38 PM
I`d start with Meguiars Swirl Free Polish first since it is a bit more aggressive than a glaze and will remove minor scratches and light swirls.

After that, either Meguiars #81 Hand Polish or Vanilla Moose is what I would use.

rstype
11-23-2003, 10:46 PM
I`m considering the Megs #81 hand polish, One Grand, Vanilla Moose, Menzerna Final Polish, Einzett polish and am open to other suggestions.

I love 1Z PP for removing moderate swirls, but its aggressive in comparison to SEPC. I would suggest trying their milder Metallic Polish, but I don`t have much experience with it. If MP has the same traits as PP, I`d highly recommend it... good luck!

SamIam
11-24-2003, 12:27 AM
If you are doing it by hand or by PC, I would suggest the 1Z PP or Metallic, both are great. Used both and really like both.

Menzerna is better if you have a rotary I hear.

MBZ 500E
11-24-2003, 03:02 PM
Thank you for the feedback.

I`ve done a bit of research on the products suggested and I`m debating between the 1ZPP or the Megs Swirl Free. Both are designed to remove swirls by hand and prepare the surface for wax. Has anyone tried both products and can you describe the differences?

I`m considering VM or #7 as a second step and topped with Nxt. Thanks again.:up

imported_jgv
11-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SamIam

If you are doing it by hand or by PC, I would suggest the 1Z PP or Metallic, both are great. Used both and really like both.

Menzerna is better if you have a rotary I hear.

What he said.

Anyway, you can`t find any easier to use product than 1Z PP, either by hand, PC or rotary.

VM in the end rocks! :bow

imported_memnuts
11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Afshin,

Have you received NXT already? :nixweiss

Sam,

The Menzerna twins worked great for my vehicles with a PC ( no severe swirls or surface imperfects). I believe rotaries will do a better job with all surface preparation ( polishes) products, if done by a skilled operator. :wavey

MBZ 500E
11-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Afshin,

Have you received NXT already? :nixweiss

Maybe :D ;)

Looks like another vote for 1ZPP. Choices choices.:)

rstype
11-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey Afshin, reread my post on PP vs. MP.

MBZ 500E
11-24-2003, 06:18 PM
BW, you mention the 1ZPP is more agressive than SEPC I assume from experience of the two products. Can you describe the differences in more detail? From my experience SEPC doesn`t really remove swirls, it just fills them. It also leaves a glossy smooth finish which I really like. If the 1ZPP provides the same glossy finish and actually removes the swirls then I have a really tough decision.

The Megs swirl free that Scott suggests also removes swirls by hand and I`ve had great success with 85% of Megs products so I need someone to give me a reason to buy one or the other.

Has anyone had experience with One Grands Polish (can`t remember the name:doh) I remember hearing good things about it but without the name I can`t do a proper search.:nixweiss

Dolphin463
11-24-2003, 06:31 PM
I think you are talking about one grand omega glaze. It`s real mild, kind of like 3M Imperial hand glaze. Not too many people using it any more.

MBZ 500E
11-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Found the One Grand Product using Google. It`s the One Grand Special Touch I was referring to, anyone have experience with that?

I found their website and it completely confused me. They state:

"ONE GRAND SPECIAL TOUCH is a highly specialized, non-abrasive cleaning polish." But in the same paragraph they also state: "SPECIAL TOUCH is excellent for removing scratches, water spots, fall out, overspray, key marks near door handles and numerous other surface impurities." How is this possible. In order to remove key marks and scratches I would imagine it would have to be abrasive. Does it have some type of chemical which softens the clearcoat?:rolleyes: Seriously anyone know if it really removes the scratches or just fills them.:nixweiss

rstype
11-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by MBZ 500E

BW, you mention the 1ZPP is more agressive than SEPC I assume from experience of the two products. Can you describe the differences in more detail? From my experience SEPC doesn`t really remove swirls, it just fills them. It also leaves a glossy smooth finish which I really like. If the 1ZPP provides the same glossy finish and actually removes the swirls then I have a really tough decision.

Their MP is more aggressive than SEPC and less aggressive than their PP. I think MP will fit your needs better than PP.

Metallic Polish (MP) is comparable to Swirl Free

Paint Polish (PP) is comparable to DACP

tom p.
11-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Yeah, the Menzerna FP is the ticket. No fuss/no muss (or mold!) and it`s fine by hand or by PC.

BTW, ask Sandi Claus for a PC for xmas if you haven`t already! http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/ups/mamo/weihnacht2.gif