PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo Polisher, where to buy in Canada

explorer
11-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Fellows I think I`m getting a Cyclo for Christmas, Santa:D :D asked me if "she":D :D can buy them in Canada.

Wont you please help Santa :D with the information "she" needs.

If not in Canada, Santa wants to know the best price in the USA:D :D

Santa:D appreciates your help:xyxthumbs :wavey

explorer
11-24-2003, 07:11 PM
Fellows , Santa is a little disapointed on you:D

I tryed a Canadian site without any luck:nixweiss

Accumulator
11-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Well, can`t have Santa getting disappointed, so...even though I know NOTHING about Canadian availability...

See if TOL (http://www.topoftheline.com/index.html) ships to Canada.

Or try CMA.

Or maybe see if you (uh, Santa) can order directly from Cyclotoolmakers (new owners of Cyclo). Can`t find the number at the moment, but do an internet search and you`ll find them. Nice, helpful people there.

shaf
11-25-2003, 01:50 AM
Hmm, why is this in Car & Driver? :confused:

Oh well.... *waves magic wand*

:D

Sorry, I don`t know the answer to your question. The Cyclo is a pretty exclusive item AFAIK.

togwt
11-25-2003, 08:30 AM
www.cyclomfg.com

Fax: 303-777-2733

Phone: 1800-777-2733

E-Mail: cyclomfg@worldnet.att.net

Hope it helps.../

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect

Accumulator
11-25-2003, 10:05 AM
The site TOGWT`s post links to has good Cyclo info, but to actually order one (or get it serviced), you need to contact the NEW OWNERS at CYCLOTOOLMAKERS (http://www.cyclotoolmakers.com/)

They list international numbers, so I bet they`ll ship to Canada.

explorer
11-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Accumulator,

Santa is a little confused, the site you gave a link to has three different electric models , (80-010, 80-020, 80-030)what is the difference between them, and wich would you recommend:bow :wavey

Accumulator
11-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Santa- Assuming it`s gonna be used off regular household current (like a PC or most other electrical devices), get the 80-010. The others are for high-voltage applications. I`ve never even SEEN the -020 or -030 ones. Talk with them when ordering, they ARE nice, helpful folks. And also get item 85-110, the velcro pad holders (maybe get a spare set too). And if the 85-010 doesn`t come with the flat wrench, get it now so it`ll be handy if/when it`s needed. Maybe also consider the carpet brushes while you`re ordering.

You can get pads elsewhere, but there`s nothing wrong with the (velcro backed) ones from Cyclo. Except that they are almost always contaminated with velcro slubs (bits of velcro "thread" on/in the foam) which are sorta a pain to pick off (easy to pick them off the yellow and green pads, hard to pick them off the white glazing ones). At least get a few of the medium (green) ones so it can be put to use right away. Or just order a whole bunch of pads and be done with it :D

The NON-velcro pads avoid the velcro contamination, but they`re harder to clean and *MAN* are they a pain to put on/take off compared to using the velcro! NOT exaggerating, they were all we had back in the day (before the velcro ones came out) and they are a real hassle.

Hope this helps! I`m gonna be offline for a few days, until Monday, so if you need more info, please don`t think I`m ignoring you.

explorer
11-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Accumulator, Santa has ordered through these people, what do you think, seems like Explorer will get more this way for the same price as TOL:bow http://detailking.goemerchant7.com/index.cgi?PageToView=catalog&Department=122971&Cartid=31721055815055&Merchant=detailking&ExpandedDepts=

Accumulator, you been very helpfull I hope explorer enjoys the " PSYCHO" as he calls it :nixweiss

Thanks again to every one :bow :bow

armoredsaint
11-29-2003, 11:24 AM
I am glad I live in the good ole US of A! You can get anything :)

Accumulator
11-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Looks like Explorer is gonna have a good Christmas. That package looks good, though *I* would get a lot of extra pads :D

Glad I could help, hope you like it.

explorer
11-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Yes, the pads we will get from TOL, they are way cheaper there.

You were the greatest:bow

I just hope I`ll become as good as you are with it:D

Again thanks to all that helped me , I think this is a great machine:bow :bow