PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Use Meguires "Shine" Protectant in the Red Bottle>>>

imported_SilverStallion
11-22-2003, 02:42 PM
I just picked up one, and I am trying to determine if it was frozen/defective or if this is the way it is suppose to be.

I get a small stream coming out of the bottle, and it is a little thicker than the Armorall that I usually use.

Does anyone else use this product, and if so, does this sound right? I am use to Armor All High Gloss being like water almost, and this product is thicker. If it is suppose to be like this, great but if not, I will exchange it for another bottle.

Any input would be great.

~Darren

Bill D
11-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Many here warn against using AA High Gloss due to its "bad silicone" content. The original formula apparently is ok.

Although I`m not familar with this Megs product you are using now sounds to me like the sprayer is defective. Is it a trigger sprayer? If so, if you have another sprayer from another product, trying using that with it and it should be fine.

HTH

rstype
11-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Yep, Meguiar`s "Natural Shine" protectant is like that - greasy, shiny, and gooey. It is one of the more disappointing Meguiar`s products that I do not recommend. I prefer #40 any day.

ntoddalbert
11-22-2003, 03:24 PM
The sprayer did that to me on the bottle I had too, I dont think its defective though, just a thick product

Turned my tires brown faster than anything else I ever used

imported_SilverStallion
11-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys...I will be returning it as I go out tomorrow.

What do you recommend for interior pieces such as the dash of my BMW 330i?

I use Zaino leather treatment on the seats and it is great...what should I use on teh dash and other trim for a show look?

~Darren

Bill D
11-22-2003, 03:44 PM
I use 303 on my Audi, leaves a matte finish. Go with Vinylex if you want more gloss

ntoddalbert
11-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Try the Cockpit Spray on the autotopia site, I use it on my 3 series dash and nothing looks better. Not at all glossy if that is what your looking for, just a flat balck look, smells great too.

vmunoz
11-23-2003, 12:21 PM
When I received my Z10 Leather treatment, someone had suggested using it for the dash as well. So I did it and it came out looking very good. A very matte, natural looking finish so you might want to try it yourself. Plus UV protection. I used it a few more times like that until I bought Poorboy`s Natural Look for the dash and that also looks and smells great.

Lots of great products out there for dashboards.

V...

imported_rusty bumper
11-27-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by BW

Yep, Meguiar`s "Natural Shine" protectant is like that - greasy, shiny, and gooey. It is one of the more disappointing Meguiar`s products that I do not recommend. I prefer #40 any day.

So far I don`t agree with you on this one, but I will give it more time...I have used it on my tires, trim, dash etc. and have gotten good results with it...So far, no brown tires yet.

Course, I`m not saying that #40 is bad...It is an excellent product too.