PDA

View Full Version : sealing a customers car

Hawaiianelement
09-08-2004, 03:13 AM
when I use sealant on my car I put the second coat on the next day . But my question is what if I`m doing a cust. car and don`t have the time to let the first coat "cure" . I want to provide the best look and service but dont have the time to go back and reapply.

What I do now is

wash
clay
ssr2.5 or dacp - pc
ssr1 - pc
ex or ex-p ( 1 coat )

Thats my paint sealant pkg. can I top it with natty`s right after ? What more can I do in a 4 to 6 hour time frame.

P.S. My TV spot runs this week and I want to wow `em ..

Much Mahalo guys, Jon

Vampyre
09-08-2004, 03:41 AM
tv spot O.o how much does that run you? sorry not much help with your ? though

Nickc0844
09-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Depending on the color, I will typically throw a paste wax on top of EX-P prior to delivery. While I know the durability of the carnuaba won`t be at it`s greatest, it does add that extra "wow" effect to darker colors for sure. As for a white, champange, or silver car, I would call it quits after the EX-P.

All my final wipe downs are with Meg`s Final Detail (now Last Touch), as it has a ton of silicones into it that make it super shiney and slick.

Bob
09-08-2004, 08:56 AM
I just put on the EX sealant and let that sit for a few then take it off and go right to Natty`s carnuba. We doing a customers car I don`t have time to make the customer wait 24 hours. No complaints yet though. ;)

Beemerboy
09-08-2004, 09:25 AM
I`m doing the same as NICK there is not much that you can do to layer UP if you do not have the time. You can rest assureed that you are delivereing back a top quality product. Most of the detailers in my area are just using a AIO type of product, with a super filler wax to top. Sealants are 50 plus bucks to apply.

wifehatescar
09-08-2004, 09:56 AM
I don`t layer LSP`s for customers, I just use one layer. I don`t even layer on my own car really, I`d rather spend more time on polishing, windows, chrome, etc.

Poorboy
09-08-2004, 10:06 AM
As it has been said many times before, prep is 90% of the work and if it is prepped well there is no real need for extra layers. Clean Dean and other well known professionals get great results and we`ve never heard a complaint from any of the customers that it didn`t last long enough. Putting Natty`s on after a half hour is fine and there should be no problem. As others have stated, if it`s a light color, or metallic, you can stop at EX-P and I`m sure your customer will be ecstatic:)

Hawaiianelement
09-08-2004, 10:39 PM
AS we say here , Much Mahalo , for the replies. I wanted to make sure I give the best quality service in the time alotted.

My commercial was finished today.I recorded the sound track today , it came out nice..I`m very happy but I get embarrased seeing myself on TV..oh well...can`t wait for business to pick up. I traded services for the airtime and production of th espot.

Vampyre , check your local stations and ask about trading services with them . Detailing for airtime..I negotiated a great rate with them. $1.00 to $2.50 ...

Hollywood here I come..LOL..