PDA

View Full Version : Just Detailed

imported_brerpie
11-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Hey all,

I just detailed with DACP using my PC. Then I applied AIO.

It was dark when I was doing it and I was working under my 1500watt halogen worklight. If the car looked good under these lights, it will look good once the sun pops up right?

I`m just hoping the car doesn`t look swirled and like crap when I pull it out in the sun...

It looked real good under the lights.

GoodnClean
11-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Oh yeah, its usually the other way around. A car that looks good in the sun winds up looking bad under the lights...

imported_brerpie
11-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Only thing I can`t get clean are the windows. I`ve tried invinsible glass and several other things to no success.

As soon as i wipe with a microfiber, it looks good, but then oily looking stuff starts apearing back after 30 seconds or so =(

GoodnClean
11-20-2003, 11:13 PM
Probably something on your MFs.

I dont use towels for windows when I`m using glass cleaner. Do you have any newspaper around? Newspaper is the only consistent way to get windows streak-free that I`ve found.

rstype
11-20-2003, 11:17 PM
I`ve found that spotlights highlight dust and pitting more so than swirls, which is really annoying. It makes me all paranoid and impatient... there`s no substitute for sunlight!

Scottwax
11-21-2003, 12:18 AM
Your window problem might simply be condensation if the dew point is high. I`ve had that problem when finishing up at night.

imported_brerpie
11-21-2003, 09:04 AM
It sucks!

I can`t stand the way my windows look and nothing I do to them makes them look better.

It seems like I also have little swirls on some. i`m gonna go crazy!