PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable Pads

andriver
11-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Just received my new PC and I was wondering if anyone uses the pad that came with it. I did order Lake Country Pads but I kind of like the pad that came with the PC.

What are your thoughts?

Spilchy
11-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Makes a great beer coaster or you can use it like a toy and play fetch with your dog.

You can use it with glass polish for your windows. That`s what I do.

Nick@DParadise
11-20-2003, 05:15 PM
The pad that comes with the PC is made by Lake Country for PC.

CharlesW
11-20-2003, 06:03 PM
The pad that came with my PC has been used many times with Meg`s #9. I figured I would use it until it fell apart like so many people said it would. It has been over a year and it looks like it will be good for at least a couple more years. Not as handy as the velcro pads, but IMO it sure doesn`t seem to be junk.

:nixweiss

Charles

imported_CBX Carl
11-20-2003, 06:47 PM
I have used it when a one step product like a cleaner/wax was applied. 18 months old and holding up well. I would not refer to it as junk.

TINTORO
11-21-2003, 04:15 PM
The PC pad is a good pad if only using one product, however if you are using multible products it can be pain when changing frequently. Getting a velcro backing plate and some Lake Country pads are the way to go. Bigger variety of pads available especially the new Green Giant Pad for soft clear coats or new paints. With a velcro backing plate you can use a variety of bonnets including microfiber ones for getting that extra shine.

andriver
11-21-2003, 04:25 PM
I tried the Porter Cable pad today. I liked them. They seem to do their job. The only complaint I have is having to change pads when I went from one swirl remover to a more agressive swirl remover.

atldave
11-22-2003, 08:53 AM
I shined my shoes with it, then scraped the pad off the backing plate, stuck velcro on it, and I use it as a backing plate for sanding discs. It did a great job on refinishing the kitchen table.