PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart MF

Jesstzn
11-19-2003, 10:29 PM
I picked up the 5/$5 blue/white MF towels at Wal-Mart when I was in Spohkane on the weekend. Thought they would be good for Interiors and door edges. I tore off the tags and out of curiosity I took a new unburned CD and did the scratch test with every towel checking the middle, both sides and the stitching .... not one scratch. Rubbing was vigorous and in all directions. So if your budget is a little tight this is something to look at.

Today I did the wash/( DACP for hood, roof and trunk for scratches water spots) #9 then #26 on a 02 silver Maxima.

All products were applied with the PC and a white pad except the #26 which I applied with my Simoniz cordless and a 4" pad.

Everything but the DACP was taken off with the PC on 2 sitting on the Wal-Mart MF. I used 1 towel to get the #9 off and 1 1/2 for the #26.

This was my first real shot at DACP and thanks to Deanski and the tips here it worked great.

Patrick
11-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Jess, be careful of those wipes, unless they have changed manufacturers or suppliers. Those cloths have been discussed quite thoroughly here in past, it decided that there best used for rims and door jambs, they leave lint everywhere when you 1st have them, but after SEVERAL washes the linting will dissipate....Ya cant beat the price though !!!!!!!!!

Jesstzn
11-19-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Patrick

Jess, be careful of those wipes, unless they have changed manufacturers or suppliers. Those cloths have been discussed quite thoroughly here in past, it decided that there best used for rims and door jambs, they leave lint everywhere when you 1st have them, but after SEVERAL washes the linting will dissipate....Ya cant beat the price though !!!!!!!!!

Must have changed suppliers .. no lint.. no scratch .. and did wash up nice too..

I think they headed for the door jams cuz they weren`t "Brand Names" or $5 each. IMHO

stevet
11-19-2003, 11:47 PM
I purchased 5 pachages of the Walmart Mf towels. When I tried to remove the wrap that they come in it left glue on some of the towels. I phoned the customer service number on the label and told them about it and they mailed me 5 new pachages of towels for free and told to keep the original ones I purchased. I now have 50 of these things and use them on wheels , engine, door jambs, and other dirty jobs. If you had the same problem with the glue you should give them a call, they told me it was a common problem.

Jesstzn
11-19-2003, 11:50 PM
I had 1" of one towel stick to the wrapper but it left no glue at all.. This is one towel I really did the CD test on in the one spot to check.

imported_FLAWLESS
11-20-2003, 12:24 AM
In what section would I find these? Not in automotive I`d imagine. Somewhere in household stuff? I`d like to test em out. At least to use on wheels and stuff.

Jesstzn
11-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by FLAWLESS

In what section would I find these? Not in automotive I`d imagine. Somewhere in household stuff? I`d like to test em out. At least to use on wheels and stuff.

No they were in the automotive section .. hang on I will scan the pkg for youhttp://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/21459/p/584569_4240319659128609605_vl.jpg

imported_FLAWLESS
11-20-2003, 12:42 AM
Wow, can`t believe it was in the auto section!

Microfiber is sweeping the nation!!! :eek: Haha. I`ll check them out. Thanks for the pic! :xyxthumbs

shaf
11-20-2003, 02:41 AM
<--- Still waiting for MFs to hit $1.50 each up here. :p

I`ve seen some pretty inexpensive, but also thinner and lower quality looking MFs up here (usually in dollar stores) and they all seem to look alike. I wonder if these look similar....?

Pats300zx
11-20-2003, 06:26 AM
The Wal-Mart MF`s are ok. I use them for my rims, door jambs, windows, engine etc. It seems everytime I go into the store I am picking up a pack. For 5 for $5.00 you really can`t beat the price.

It allows me to leave my good MF`s (Pakshak) for quick detailing and wax removal. :D

andriver
11-20-2003, 08:59 AM
I have picked up several packs from Wally World. I use them for the interior, wheels and QD. I save the plusher MF for polish and wax. I have not had any problems with linting or scratching. I think they are a good value.

I also got 2 packs with the glue problem. Customer Svc. sent me two more packs.

AutoNova
11-20-2003, 06:35 PM
I feel ya on the Wal-Mart Towels. I have been using them frequently for detailing cars and no problems. Yeah the price is right?

Does anyone buy their towels on-line?

They do not have a long life and are a little small, and I don`t use them on windows, seem to streak badly. Otherwise I like them. I have a question about care, how do most of you was the towels?

Jesstzn
11-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by AutoNova

I have a question about care, how do most of you was the towels?

I wash all mine in the washer with Dawn dish wash soap and hang to dry .. I don`t like putting them in the dryer cuz there is too much Downy residue in there. Towels are washed by themselves. The soap you use might contribute to the window streaking .. I don`t have a problem with it.

imported_FLAWLESS
11-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Well I have $100+ sweaters and pants that don`t get as much TLC as my MF`s.

I wash them in the washer on cotton/sturdy, heavy cycle, I use Tide but less than recommended so it doesn`t build up. I do an extra rinse cycle, then I rinse each one by hand in the sink until the water is crystal clear. Then I wring them out and lay them out to dry which only takes a couple hours tops. They`ve been seriving me perfectly for years. I mainly use the Miracle Towel along with a few cheapies.

GoodnClean
11-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Yeah make sure you use a soap without dyes or colors at least. I use half and half Woolite and dye and fragrance free Tide and they never streak.

I`ll have to go get a couple packs of those MFs. I always hate to use my Pakshaks on the rims and door jambs.

Oh and I was at Hechts here tonight and sat on a microfiber couch :xyxthumbs