PDA

View Full Version : Is IP NEEDED between DACP and FP?

wifehatescar
11-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Lots of people use DACP and the Menzerna twins with good results.

Lots also say after DACPing thouroughly, the surface is almost good enogh to wax right then.

So, my quesion is, instead of

DACP>IP>FP>WAX

could you just skip the IP? Does it really help at all?

Spilchy
11-19-2003, 03:58 PM
yes you can. do you own both? if so, try half the trunk or hood with it, and half without and see!

it also depends on your surface condition when finished with DACP.

play around, it won`t hurt.

imported_memnuts
11-19-2003, 06:02 PM
There are not absolutes in detailing. No perfect formula for every vehicle. Trials , trials and more trials is the only means to find out what works for you. Everyone`s end-point for satisfaction is different. Everyone`s use and care of their vehicle differs. As mentioned earlier try DACP without IP see if the results are to your satisfaction. Red is very forgiving so IP may not be necessary. :nixweiss

wifehatescar
11-19-2003, 06:09 PM
I own nothing right now :)

Just wanted to see if I could minimize products/work.

"Try it both ways" is the answer I was expecting. Why can`t everything be yes/no answers? ;)

I`ll probably buy all 3 just to try both ways.

Dinzdale40
11-19-2003, 07:08 PM
I`ve been slowly hand polishing my car. At first I did DACP, IP, FP, GEPC. It worked great when I did the trunk, but when I went to do the hood and roof today, I was just too tired and did DACP,FP,GEPC. I can`t tell a diff. I feel the DACP,IP,FP steps of abrasiveness are pretty close together. The main steps I noticed a diff with were with DACP and FP.

wifehatescar
11-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info:xyxthumbs