PDA

View Full Version : White Integra Detailing

TEGBOY
11-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Hi all, I am newbie when it comes to detailing. How can I make my Frost White 1991 Integra shine, I am talking the shine that requires sunglasses? I am currently using Meguiars products I find them ok, I use them because in Australia they are readily accessable.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. The paint in in pretty good condition, no rust, no water marks. One small parking ding.

Cheers,

Clint

explorer
11-19-2003, 08:16 AM
Welcome to Autopia tegboy, looking to make that white look good , look at a thread that was started yesterday by John Styrnol, it is called how good can you get a white vehicle detailed you will find great answers there allready:xyxthumbs

Jngrbrdman
11-19-2003, 01:26 PM
Getting a white Integra to shine?? Man... I wish we had someone around here with a white Integra... :lol

Check the llink in my signature. I`ve got a Taffetta white Integra that I get to shine pretty well. Its got a little more yellow in it than Frost white, but its pretty close. I use a lot of Meguiar`s products too. The only one I would say you should be careful with is #20. Its super hard to see when it dries and if you don`t buff it all off then it will stain the paint yellow. I`ve still got yellow stains that I can`t get out. Everything else is fantastic. :bigups

k2dan
11-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Hi Clint,

Im from down under. Im no expert and havent tried on many white cars. I use P21s GEPC and P21s wax if the paints in good condition.

Somtimes I use the Klasse twins. Klasse AIO is a great product and i follow its application on Autopia for tips a lot.

Some of the guys here also top up The Klasse twins with a layer of P21s wax. The only white car I did recently i used a Clay Magic bar on first and then P21s cleanser and wax. It was a 530I in great condition though ! Sensational result !

But honest Im am no expert on white just remember you can get the products a lot of the guys on here rave about in Australia !

Dan

Trainman
11-19-2003, 02:59 PM
I have a white Tacoma 4WD pickup that gets subjected to about the worst daily abuse for paint you could imagine. I`m an engineer for the railroad and have to drive on 1/2 mile of gravel road everyday to reach a gravel parking lot in a rail yard. Now as much as I love my job and running trains, gravel roads and rail dust are a nightmare............but I take pretty good care of the paint and just finished giving it the "treatment" this morning.........Meg`s 7/26..........it looks better than new!

TEGBOY
11-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Thanks to everyone that has replied, greatly appreciated. Here is a pic of my car how it currently looks. It has a coat of Meguiars Gold Class over the top. I first clay`ed it and then used the Gold Class. I am going to re-do it this weekend, I demand more shine :)

http://www.teamazm.com/membersalbums/TEGBOY/my_car.jpg

Excuse the neons, it was after the Melbourne Auto Salon this year, so I needed to take a pic with them on

Jngrbrdman
11-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Dang.... That`s a nice lookin G2 you`ve got there. I don`t think you need our help making it look good. It already looks great! :bigups

Are you a member of team-integra.net? You should be if you aren`t already. They would really like your car I`ll bet. :bow :bow

TEGBOY
11-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Dang.... That`s a nice lookin G2 you`ve got there. I don`t think you need our help making it look good. It already looks great! :bigups

Are you a member of team-integra.net? You should be if you aren`t already. They would really like your car I`ll bet. :bow :bow

Thanks for the very kind words. I am member of team-integra, G2iC, teamAZM, pretty much all the Honda/Acura forums.. damn I am a net whore :) LOL

TEGBOY
11-21-2003, 06:47 AM
I bought some Meguiars #7 and #26 and will go to town this weekend, will post pics