PDA

View Full Version : I have switched to snap tools chemicals

detailguy
09-07-2004, 09:23 PM
I have switched to using snapon tools line of detailing products
they offer a buffing compound a polish and a quick detailer that just about blows every one elses out of the water any body else use them if you do drop me a line

SilverLexus
09-07-2004, 10:22 PM
I find this hard to believe. Do you have a web link?

Woob
09-07-2004, 10:29 PM
:jump Is that all you like from them? I thought they made just tools not products. Got a link? What other products have you used to compare?

Clean Dean
09-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Seems like they are all one step products...

They only carry one compound and a polish/sealant.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro.asp?tool=all&Group_ID=1886&Group_Name=Cleaners%2C+Polishes+and+Sealants&Sub_Cat_ID=2657149&Sub_Cat_Name=Auto+Care+%2F+Detailing&Cat_ID=2657142&Cat_NAME=Shop+Supplies&store=snapon-store

I tried to pick-up a buffer they sell used on ebay. It is really the Dewalt 849.

detailguy
09-07-2004, 10:59 PM
I have used most of the other brands auto magic carbrite ect The Buffing Compound is a microfragmenting compound that is water based so clean up is a fast the polish is a sealer
The big reason we switch from the rest of them is support the truck comes around every week
Automagic and Carbrite you dont see them unless you are a 5,000 dollar a month account .

zesty-man
09-08-2004, 12:57 AM
SADLY, IVE USED SNAP-ON BRAND STUFF BEFORE. my dad works for snap-on, so the first stuff i was using was some snap on stuff. the polish is nothing hot, dont really recommend getting that. the compound is ok, really good for taking out places that you cant get to with the PC. and the QD, well the QD sucks............... im my opinion.

what i think about this is that its repackaged stuff...... not quite sure where its comes from, but ill be the first to tell you, by no accounts is it anything special........ hmmm, maybe ill try that QD again, hopefully ill be impressed.

Nickc0844
09-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Automagic, Snapon, and Carbrite all offer products made for the volume dealer. I hate to say it though, they AREN`T better than EVERYONE elses products, as you mention. If these are the only 3, your missing out on a lot! Personally, I`d rather spend the few extra dollars to ensure quality support (which appantly Snap On provides), ease of use (able to use in the sun), and products that actually polish and don`t fill in imperfections. Most of the time, these smaller joints (i.e. Adam`s, Poorboys, Griots, etc.) are using better and more expensive materials in the end product, thus the price difference.

However, I`m very glad that you found something you like, and as most of us (thanks Boss_429) would say, "Find something you like and use it often!". Also, thanks for sharing that information with us. Those who have fleets might be interested in this.

sQuashed
09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by detailguy
I have switched to using snapon tools line of detailing products
they offer a buffing compound a polish and a quick detailer that just about blows every one elses out of the water any body else use them if you do drop me a line

Once you actually try some of the good products out there,then I would like to know if snap-on "blows everyone else out of the water"..

Nickc0844
09-08-2004, 09:26 AM
:lmfao

detailguy
09-08-2004, 05:30 PM
I have used most of the other brands auto magic carbrite ect The Buffing Compound is a microfragmenting compound that is water based so clean up is a fast the polish is a sealer
The big reason we switch from the rest of them is support the truck comes around every week
Automagic and Carbrite you dont see them unless you are a 5,000 dollar a month account .

detailguy
09-08-2004, 07:33 PM
We would try some of the other chemical companies out there Like the boss said if they dont come to are door to sell it he isnt going to buy it Not to say that we dont do some mail order but it is not the way we like to order matrial. Plus it give you somebody local to Help deal with issues if any would come to play. We stock some carbrite and automagic waxes and polishes and cleaners also and for the most part are customers dont care what we use as long as it smells good and leaves a long lasting shine
eom

Nickc0844
09-08-2004, 08:45 PM
I think the only reason why we balked at it was because you said it was better than everything out there, and then you`ve only tried 3 things or so.

I`m just giving you crap though, like I said, it was informational (post a link to the products if you could) and in the end, use what you like and use it often :bigups

GraniteState
09-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Have you tried Poorboys they have dealers in some ares look at the Poorboys web site and click find distributer see if there is anyonf local to you i was surprised to see someone in my area...

Good luck

Jay