PDA

View Full Version : S100 SEC vs Klasse AIO

imported_brerpie
11-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey all,

I know that S100 SEC produces an awesome surface. I havn`t used Klasse AIO yet... can anyone give any opinions about these two?

Should I still use S100 SEC prior to AIO to acheive a better finish? Or is AIO sufficient?

imported_BretFraz
11-18-2003, 04:12 PM
SEC has a lot of oils in with a mild abrasive. And it offers no protection.

AIO has mostly chemical cleaners (high PD`s) with little or no abrasive and, of course, an acrylic polymer component.

I personally would not use both as the end result of each product is about the same, except for the AIO`s protection. There`s too much redundancy for me.

So I`d use one or the other depending on what procedure I was using.

GoodnClean
11-18-2003, 05:09 PM
I`ve used both. They do the same task, but they do it differently. AIOs strong suit is the oxidation, GEPC (SEC) isn`t at all as effective at removing oxidation as AIO. Conversely, AIO isn`t as good at removing light swirls and hiding slightly harsher ones as GEPC. I think that if you had some oxidation and were going to use a resin or a carnuaba and not a polymer, AIO would be worth doing before GEPC.

hondaguy2582
11-18-2003, 05:24 PM
take a look at jngrbrdman`s work with aio on a base coat with no prior polishing.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23482&highlight=oxidation+and+aio