PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Pro line $$$$

Jesstzn
11-18-2003, 03:00 PM
I was in Spokane Wash on the weekend and looked in a couple places for the Meguiars line ( brown bottle) and noticed prices anywhere from $7 to $9 for a bottle depending on what it was. Is this the normal price range?? Up here in Canuck Land there is only Lordco carrying the line and its anywhere from $18 to $27 for the same products ( exclusive of the QD sprays). Was the $7 to $9 normal or did I hit a discount?

I like the products but the $$$ sux and if we order elsewhere shipping kills us.

Yeep these are the 16 oz :nixweiss

shaf
11-20-2003, 01:35 AM
Jesstzn, your problem is you are shopping at LORDCO!! :D Their markup is insanely high and they are the last place I`d look to compare prices with. What goes for the low to mid teens at a normal store, they`ll mark up to the high teens, easily.

If you do buy stuff there they should be able to give you 30% no problem, but we also have an Autopia account # that you can use too. PM me for info.

Surely you must have some alternative sources, like body shop supply stores or even Candian Tire special order? :nixweiss Where exactly are you anyway?

madazskunk
11-20-2003, 03:29 AM
The price does depend on where you go. I used to get mine at a paint supply store that i got from the meguiars web site as a local dealer. Then one day I went to a distributor that scottwax uses and recommended to me and found out they were $3-$5(per bottle)cheaper. I think I got 32oz DACP and 32oz #81 for less than $30.

Jesstzn
11-20-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Jesstzn, your problem is you are shopping at LORDCO!! :D Their markup is insanely high and they are the last place I`d look to compare prices with. What goes for the low to mid teens at a normal store, they`ll mark up to the high teens, easily.

If you do buy stuff there they should be able to give you 30% no problem, but we also have an Autopia account # that you can use too. PM me for info.

Surely you must have some alternative sources, like body shop supply stores or even Candian Tire special order? :nixweiss Where exactly are you anyway?

Thats the problem .. small town of 8000 and Lordco is the only one here outside of a few snall auto supply stores that stock 1 or 2 bottles at higher than Lordco. And Canadain Tire is 20 miles away and and they don`t order what they don`t carry.

Tralfaz
11-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Jesstzn where exactly are you located up in Canada? Im thinking if you are shopping in Spokane and you have a Lordco and Can. Tire close by, you are from Nelson. I know that you have a Lordco there and that Can. Tire is in Castlegar approx. 20 miles away!

Jesstzn
11-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Tralfaz

Jesstzn where exactly are you located up in Canada? Im thinking if you are shopping in Spokane and you have a Lordco and Can. Tire close by, you are from Nelson. I know that you have a Lordco there and that Can. Tire is in Castlegar approx. 20 miles away!

Finally .. someone who knows geography up here .. Trail actually.

Tralfaz
11-20-2003, 12:56 PM
I grew up in Castlegar.

Left in 93 for school.

Have a ton of good friends in Trail. Was up there in August for the Rossland/Trail Open.

It was good to see my fellow Canucks. Did you happen to go to Selkirk or work at Cominco?