PDA

View Full Version : Experienced rotary users, can you comment on this tool? (link)

JustinR32
11-18-2003, 10:01 AM
Coleman Powermate (http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/CPM-PMB7284.html)

Tom

imported_CBX Carl
11-18-2003, 10:29 AM
I searched with Google and the price is the lowest except for Overstocks 49.99 but they are out of stock. I was unable to find any reviews of it whatsoever on the web.

I await Autopian responses as well - Christmas is coming.

Link To Overstock.com Info - Out of Stock (http://www.overstock.com/se/Coleman_Powermate_7inch_SanderPolisher.html)

Product Details: Coleman Powermate 7-inch Sander/Polisher

An excellent addition to any auto body shop, the Coleman Powermate sander/polisher boasts a high-performance variable speed motor for professional sanding and polishing results. It converts quickly and easily from polisher to meet all your buffing needs to a sander for fiberglass, body filler, or wood.

Features include:

* Powerful 11-amp A/C motor (1200-watt)

* Variable speed (0-3000 RPM)

* Adjustable speed dial

* Locking on/off trigger

* Multi-position handle included

* Hook-n-loop backing pad included

* 5/8-inch-11 spindle thread

* Spindle lock for easy backing pad changes

* Comes with three bonnets (two terry cloth, and one synthetic wool)

imported_Aurora40
11-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Wow, seems nice. Adjustable speed, decent power, what more do you need? I wonder how much it weights, and it sounds like the trigger is on-off rather than variable. However, for $50 that`s still pretty sweet. I`d stay away from those bonnets, though...

Tom, don`t you now have some awesome Snap-on buffer?

JustinR32
11-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Well, yeah. It`s a FREE buffer, but it`s not got a lot of features; for example, the trigger only locks at top speed. I ordered a bunch or stuff from the Tool Warehouse & saw this in the catalog they sent. I`m not going to get it, I`m only curious about it (it seems like a heck of a bargain), and maybe it will help a fellow Autopian.

Tom

BTW, $156.54 gets 16 oz #00, 16 oz #6, 64 oz #7, 16 oz #20, 2) 11 oz #26 pastes, 1 gal #62, 32 oz #81, 1 gal #82, 1 gal #83 (DACP), 1 gal #84 and 32 oz #85. I think the stuff is just a nick over actual wholesale, it`s like 30% off, with free shipping on orders over $100.

Back to Klasseing the Trailblazer.

Gonzo
11-18-2003, 01:48 PM
I`ve been a tool buyer/user for most of my life (woodworking) and an avid fly fisher as well. Here is a little ditty I learned long ago

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the elation of a bargain found.

350ZYA
11-18-2003, 02:39 PM
:xyxthumbs Hey Gonzo, can I use that???:xyxthumbs

imported_BretFraz
11-18-2003, 02:46 PM
At first glance it doesn`t seem too bad. Seems to have all the needed features.

I don`t know about its long term durability under daily use but for occassional enthusiast usage, its prolly not too bad.

Someone buy it and report back!!