PDA

View Full Version : Is it all for the not?

gusman
11-18-2003, 09:30 AM
Say a person preps their paint with #9 and follows with a Deep Crystal Polish (step 2), say he then wished to seal his work with #20 before adding a coat of #26 wax...... Do the `cleaners` in #20 remove the oils and gloss added in way of the `pure polish`? Would you recommed eliminating the application of the pure polish?

JustinR32
11-18-2003, 09:49 AM
You can do this and it will look good. I used to call it "Meguair`s #53" (#7 [similar to Deep Crystal] followed by #20 followed by #26), now I call it "Meg`s Beauty Pack". It is a well known combination. Allow 24 hours or so between the #20 and the #26. Overnight plus a few hours is enough, in my experience, like 16 hours or so.

You can find more information at Show Car Garage (http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/)

Tom

AndyC
11-18-2003, 09:58 AM
I`ll second that. I tried #9 then deep crystal stage 2 followed by EX and then PS and was pleassed with the results. The stage 2 seemed to deepen the colour and added a nice even appearance.

I promise I`ll sort out some pics but my digital camera ain`t that good - Pentax El-100.

I`m going to try DACP before the #9 to really hit those pesky swirls.