PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel - Hazing

pingable
11-16-2003, 08:32 PM
I love how Aquapel works when driving on the highway. Is it just me or at low speeds (street driving), it hazes after each pass of the windshield wipers. I found it very ANNOYING to say the least.....I doubt it`s the windshield wipers. The car is only 6 months old.

BK1
11-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Some people have noticed that hazing also. I know you said the car is 6 mos old but you may want to try wiping off the blade where it contacts the windshield as it may have some degrading of the rubber already. The other thing is do you have any sort of wax on the windshield like from a touchless carwash where the car gets sprayed with a hotwax solution?

Good Luck, I hope it helps...

imported_Greg
11-16-2003, 09:56 PM
I know what you mean. I`ve never really thought it was annoying though. I usually get it if it rained overnight on the car and then the first wipe with the wipers, other than that, I`ve never really experienced that problem. Maybe the aquapel is wearing off and it is time for reapplication.

shaf
11-17-2003, 02:10 AM
Have you ever tried Rain-X? My Aquapel application is getting worn now, so I can`t remember what it was like when fresh, but all I DO remember was I got a lot less hazing with Aquapel than I did with Rain-X.

I`m not sure if this would help much, but try cleaning the glass with some 20/20 and clean your wiper blades (gently!) to get dirt or oil off of them. Just don`t be dumb like me and keep scrubbing madly until you wear off the black coating on them, or Aquapel will cause them to chatter horribly.