PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure What To Do

wash_me
11-15-2003, 01:24 AM
I had a car broker call me from out of state saying that he sells a sealant package with the cars that he sells in my state. I said I could do work but I would need to detail the exterior before I could apply the sealant. He just wants me to wash the car and apply the sealant. I do not want to be hacker and just slap a sealant on a car that is not prep right but I do need the business. He also sells a leather sealant package; I have never heard of a leather sealant before. Do you think I can get away with just washing the car and applying the sealant?

tpgsr
11-15-2003, 01:31 AM
Hey, If you need the money that bad take the job. Just make absolutly sure that your company name is not given to the customers. If you are forced to do a hack to live, then do it. Just dont take credit. Let the dealer take the fall, and maybe after he gets some complaints he will wise up and pay you to detail the whole vehicle. I have never done anything with leather sealant nor even heard of it before. Good luck with the tough decisions ahead. And if you dont mind me asking, how much is he willing to charge you to do the sealant. I ask this because it is important to know how much he is charging the customer, and how much he is paying you. Then you know if he is ripping off both you and the customer in one shot. Best of luck

wash_me
11-15-2003, 10:34 AM
He`s going to pay me $75.00 for cars which I think is very good. I think it would only take me about one hour to complet the work. I am sure he ripping off the customer, I hear the stealership charges about $250.00 for there sealant package.

GearHead_1
11-15-2003, 11:33 AM
You know the old secret to success in business, give the customer what they want. At this point your customer is the Car Broker. Give him what he wants, take his money and thank him. The whole time you are doing this remind him of what he really should be doing. Don`t and I repeat don`t let the end customer get your business name and assume that this is your standard. Unfortunately this will probably happen. You can hear it now. Some salesman saying, yeah we have a guy do this for us his name is......

tpgsr
11-15-2003, 04:40 PM
I would say take the job, and give it that extra little bit of effort. For $75, give him 2 hours per car that is enough time for a good wash, a paint cleaner, and the sealant. Constantly remind him that he is charging the customer XXX.xx for it and paying you XX.xx If he is impressed with the first few (that you take some extra time on), ask for an increase in pay. Just take this for what it is: A SHORT term business opportunity for you to make some $$ that you could invest into say advertising. Then you will no longer need his hack job, you will have the good customers as your income. Again Good Luck!