PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just use the Klasse AIO only...

armoredsaint
11-14-2003, 04:08 PM
and skip the Sealant Glaze? I have read that some people had problems removing it and so forth, I read the Bill North proceedure for wax on and wax off, instead of waiting till the whole car is glazed, then remove. I`ve always used carnuba and this acrylic wax really interest me, would it be better than Zaino or even the #20 Meguiars Sealant? Thanks.

Kleanride
11-14-2003, 04:12 PM
You can just use carnauba over AIO if you choose. My personal fav is AIO->SG->and Carn topper. I have only had problems removing SG once, but it was really my fault.

armoredsaint
11-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Dale, was it because you put too much on? In your opinion for SG, one panel at a time or do the whole car at once, then remove? How long do you wait if you remove all at once, I hear you need atleast 1 hour? Thanks

imported_Tony
11-14-2003, 04:20 PM
AIO cleans and protects, it is a very good one step product. AIO intent is to provide a cleans surface for SG to bond. It will not last through your winter.

ntoddalbert
11-14-2003, 04:26 PM
Just an observation, not everyone has trouble with SG. Im no pro by any means and using the help here I used SG with NO problems from the first time, just follow the directions here, any of them..... You wont know until you try

I have tried everything but the sonus mix because I forgot the ratio? anyone have that info handy????

2wheelsx2
11-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

and skip the Sealant Glaze? I have read that some people had problems removing it and so forth, I read the Bill North proceedure for wax on and wax off, instead of waiting till the whole car is glazed, then remove. I`ve always used carnuba and this acrylic wax really interest me, would it be better than Zaino or even the #20 Meguiars Sealant? Thanks.

I have used AIO with carnauba only, with UPP as a topper and others. IMO, AIO alone doesn`t last very long.

I can`t speak in regards to Zaino, but I have and still use #20. The cleaners in AIO are stronger then in #20. #20 has very mild cleaners. #20 beads better than AIO when new, and will laster longer than AIO. However, it won`t last longer than AIO+SG. Better? I guess it depends on your definition of better.

#20 is cheaper, but not as economical to use as AIO, but it is widely available and is VERY easy to use.

raymond_ho2002
11-14-2003, 04:34 PM
75% SG, 25% sonus.

From what I remember of (i think) David B`s posts, Klasse AIO was originally intended as a cleaner and protectant for automobiles, and SG was intended for boats. American marketers sold the two products as complementary when in fact they were developed separately. By chance they happened to work well together without compromising each other`s function.

Kleanride
11-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Dale, was it because you put too much on? In your opinion for SG, one panel at a time or do the whole car at once, then remove? How long do you wait if you remove all at once, I hear you need atleast 1 hour? Thanks

Oh, not only did I do to much, but it was a freezing cold MN day, and the car (although in the garage) was REALLY cold. It all came off fine and dandy, but I went thru about 6 MF towels.

I have taken it off right way, and I have left it on for a couple hours. I forget what the directions say exactly. I try to whip thru it pretty quick, so more often then not, I seal one panel at a time and remove after a couple minutes.

If you are layering, you should wait 24 hours before adding additional layers. If you are topping with carnauba, I usually just wait an hour or two after sealing (which doesn`t make it right, thats just what I do!).

:wavey

ntoddalbert
11-14-2003, 05:05 PM
raymond_ho2002:xyxthumbs

Thanks for the Ratio

I think your color also effects the ease of SG removal, im dealing with White and Silver, I can barely see the SG to begin with.

On my wheels (Silver) I cant see it at all, but you can tell its there.

I had a flat about a month ago, had the weel off and figured what the hell why not AIO and SG it when its inside. I applied AIO and one coat of SG. BMW wheels are notorious for brake dust. I figured it wouldnt last. You could walk up to my car even after washing the wheels and tell which one it was. Truly amazing stuff.

I got winter wheels on the way from TireRack, I have the AIO and SG ready and waiting. If you havent tried this stuff dont sweat the postings about problems, give it a shot.