PDA

View Full Version : CMA Newsletter & German Paints

350ZYA
11-14-2003, 02:51 PM
Anybody else read the CMA newsletter about German paints and how different the clearcote is? :up I wonder if cars made in Japan have a different kind of clearcote. Anybody know? Maybe I`ll ask CMA.:nixweiss

imported_edschwab1
11-14-2003, 04:56 PM
I did not get the new newsletter, but saw the green giant pad on their site. I would think Germany has different environmental laws than Japan, which dictates the kind materials used. In Germany, and Europe, recyclabilty of a vehicle at the end of life cycle and environmental impacts (during manufacture, during life cycle) are major priorities when manufactoring a vehicle European car makers.

When I first saw the pad, I thought of Zymol and their various country specific waxes, until I thought about this. I am sure few memebers who work in the industry should have the facts and further insight.

Eric

TCL
11-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by 350ZYA

Anybody else read the CMA newsletter about German paints and how different the clearcote is? :up I wonder if cars made in Japan have a different kind of clearcote. Anybody know? Maybe I`ll ask CMA.:nixweiss

I read it. Very informative article. Especially the part about resistance to chipping. If you find out about the clear coats used in Japan let us know.