PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Meg`s SFP vs. #9 2.0

imported_Aaron in Denver
11-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Both of these are listed as a "3" on Meg`s aggressiveness scale, but my assumption is that they are not the same.

Does anyone know the difference and what would be a better use for one or the other?

I`m trying to get off some very fine scratches on my black Boxster. They look like they are just from washing, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Scottwax
11-13-2003, 07:58 PM
It is my understanding that SPF is slightly more aggressive than #9 and to me, it seems to have more oils and leaves a slightly wetter look. Either one is an outstanding product.

explorer
11-13-2003, 08:09 PM
It is funny you mention that because I had looked at that a while back, they have both products listed at #3 and nothing at #2 rating:nixweiss

Well I did not find anything:nixweiss

Douxebris
11-13-2003, 08:13 PM
I don`t believe there is a discernable difference in the scratch-removing ability of the two. If anybody should know, it would be Meguiar`s, and the equal rating is accurate, as far as I`ve seen. FWIW, I believe #82 was developed after #9, so perhaps Megs added something to the mix that wasn`t included with #9. Maybe Mike P will chime in here, if we`re lucky.

Jeff Laughhunn

Scottwax
11-13-2003, 08:23 PM
I seem to remember Mike Phillips saying #82 SPF was slightly more abrasive than #9 Swirl Remover.

Tim Lingor
11-13-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey,

Yes, Meguiar`s #82 Swirl Free Polish is slightly more aggressive than the #9 Swirl Remover.

Tim