PDA

View Full Version : PC Pads Comparison(Edge vs LC in cutting)???

JaCkaL829
09-07-2004, 03:51 PM
I own a couple of yellow LC cutting pads and a couple white LC polishing pads. Anyway some are getting cut up and mangled from all the cars i`ve done, so i`m thinking about trying the Edge classic DA pads. There priced pretty good and supposily absorb less product which would be a big plus. I would like to know if anyone can compare the LC (Yellow, Orange, White) pads with the Edge(Black, Yellow, Green,) pads. Maybe a most aggressive->least aggressive list. I found the amount of pores on each pad from Edge, but couldn`t find anything from LC. So anybody who has experience with both pad brands chime in, any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated and can serve as a guide for other DC members.
Thanks!

detailbarn
09-07-2004, 05:37 PM
I`ve used both and I prefer the Edge pads over LC`s.

The reasons being they do absorb less product and they are flat which I like becaue you get more surface contact. As for the grades of the pads I would compare them as follows most agressive to least agressive

Edge LC

yellow yellow
green white
blue black
white red

I didn`t include the orange power pad becasue it`s a very different than anything either company has. It`s a combo of the yellow and white IMO. The black Edge pad is very aggressive and I don`t think you can get it in the classic DA pads , I would reserve this pad for post wet sanding chores.

Hope this helps

awd330
09-08-2004, 05:04 PM
I haven`t tried the Edge yellow or black textures, but I have tried their green, blue, and white models. I`ve also tried the Lake Country yellow, white, and black models but not the orange texture. My subjective opinion is that the Edge green is in between the LC yellow and white pads in aggressiveness, but much closer to the white than the yellow. The Edge blue is between the LC white and black, once again closer to the white. The Edge white is slightly softer than the LC black.

The Edge durafoam material does seem to soak up less product than the LC foam. The Edge foam also seems to be more durable. The Edge DA pad is flat with blunt cut corners. The Edge2000 DA pad is flat with rounded corners. The LC pads come in a variety of shapes. I like their Curved Edge (Advanced) version with the beveled contours.