PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

! apmljv
11-11-2003, 05:31 AM
I recently moved to a new apartment and the community rule says that we`re not allow to use the covered parking for any car wash or detailing. Though, I still want to keep my car nice and clean, what do I do? In addition, I`ve tried to ask my friends if any of them have a garage or shaded spot I could possiblity use, but none of them have (most of them are students living in an apartment as well). Bummer~ :(

What do you guys recommend I do? Any suggestions are

welcome!

Thanks alot~~ :)

P.S. I still have all the detailing products and tools with me from home.

imported_CBX Carl
11-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Many here maintain cars with no garage or carport available.

Location: I tend to find a quiet shady spot in the local parks or mall parking lots to detail the cars. Leave the kids behind and carry everything I need.

QEW is available for the wash. I us hot water in the winter months with neoprene gloves and hands never even get cold.

I use a 750 watt power inverter to run my PC. Have not killed the battery yet. It was $100 from Target and will shut off before the battery goes below a certain voltage.

explorer
11-11-2003, 08:16 AM
I second what Lost Pup just said :xyxthumbs

After each step I allways check the condition of the paint with my bare hand or a surgical glove and if I feel any imperfection I just repeat that step, but I never had to repeat anything, great results even outside:xyxthumbs

stilez
11-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Well I am in college now and have no access to a water supply, so I took a ride one day...

Happened to see a Girl Scout Troop throwing a car wash. I was gonna pay them for the car wash and then just use their hose with my products.

Turns out I came back later and they weren`t there. I used the hose and have been for the past 2 months on weekends with no problems. It is in a well shaded area too.

My Advice: As dumb as it sounds, drive around to businesses that are only open during the week. Try to see if they have hoses or even an outdoor water supply available. Then just use it reguarly. That`s what I do, or even try to work out an agreement with a local business. "Ok, I`ll use your water supply for 20 mins and give you $5". Something like that. Good Luck.

! apmljv
11-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Ok, I`ll look around..

Thanks alot!! much appreciated

shaf
11-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Hmm, I guess they want to keep the covered parking area clean or something? :rolleyes: Anyway, I`d look into QEW and just use that in the alley or even on the street. That way you don`t have to depend on anyone or go very far away either.

madazskunk
11-12-2003, 01:50 AM
Before I used QEW I went to the do it yourself carwashs and bucket washed. and went to the vacuum area and did all my detailing. Sometimes I was there for hours.I could`nt even count how many people next to me would come and go. If you resort to this try to not to do this on weekends(afternoons thru evenings) because you`ll piss alot of people off and maybe even get kicked out.If I were you I would do it at apartment though until someone said something. Thats a dumb rule if you ask me.

imported_neoflex
11-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Don;t feel bad. Thought about renting a condo but they had a rule that you couldn`t wash your car in the driveway! HaHA I`m gonna pay you over $1600 a month and not use the driveway to wash my cars. I told them they can keep the condo and told them why!!!!!!

togwt
11-12-2003, 11:30 AM
~One man’s opinion~

I brought a condo and they had a ‘do not repair maintain car’ rule which had ‘don’t wash cars’ added. Because of what I do for a living they invited me to join the planning committee. So I planned a space for washing cars, and so far everyone has stuck to the ‘no repairs’ and are very happy for a place to wash their cars. That I get detailing jobs from swirl marked cars there…..pure luck.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect

11-12-2003, 11:51 AM
ever think about a monthly storage garage?

tholden1
11-12-2003, 12:06 PM
What about those do-it-yourself wash places with the brick enclosures and the spray-hoses. The ones that you just put quarters in the machine. You could just use the hose for the clear-water rinse and use your own product. You could then do your waxing right there.

Jesstzn
11-12-2003, 12:25 PM
I have no place in winter to wash.. so I go to the local garage with an enclosed self spray wash. I take my bucket/water/soap mix with me .. First $ I rinse ( Water only no soap) everything I possibly can off then I wash with the mitt and then second $ I rinse till it runs out .. towatds the end I angle the wand to blow the water off. Then I have a few MF towels ready and I dry really fast ..

The owners have no problem with this if done early in the day or late so you don`t create a lineup.

Once washed go to the park .. waxing cars = chick magnet.