PDA

View Full Version : A bit stronger than DACP......

unclearty
11-10-2003, 07:49 AM
I, too, was one of those "whackos" yesterday..9am..31 degrees, and I was out detailing..in the wind...I must be nuts. Anyway, I was working on a section of the black Benz..a little dull..a little gray looking..pulled out the DACP with the PC and yellow pad..didn`t really touch it. I`m afraid to go TOO much heavier..any suggestions for something just a little stronger?

I was putting her winter coat on yesterday...before the REALLY crappy weather hits. Used Collinite Insulator Wax...what a sleeper!! Very nice to work with, even in the cold...beautiful shine. Hope it helps her through the North East winter.

My new regiment is: DACP..then the NEW Eagle One Wet Polish/Wax liquid with white pad...buff off with MF..then coat of Insulator Wax by hand...looks great on black!

Spilchy
11-10-2003, 09:13 AM
I was with you! In the freezing cold on Saturday morning and Sunday morning I worked on a BMW Z3 and an Audi A4. On the Bimmer, I used DACP, VM and topped with Collinite Insulator. On the A4 I used Meguiars Speed Glaze, VM and topped with Collinite Insulator. I LOVE that wax. Like you said, its GREAT to work with in the cold. Easy on, easy off. They came out great.

I have used Meguiars Medium cut on a PC at speed 6 with a compound pad on a heavily oxidized Honda, follwed with DACP and then with VM (Collinite topper!).

You can try the Medium cut. Make sure you use a little on a clean pad. Work it in well and remove. Too much and you`ll have MAJOR dust to contend with and a greasy film of some sort. I usually wash after I use a compound and then follow with the DACP.

imported_Larry A
11-10-2003, 10:14 AM
What about Meg. #2 fine cut , is that stronger or weaker than DACP. You guys are right about Collinite Insulator a super wax. I put some on my car last week and when I get a chance I will do my wifes van for the winter. Ill do hers with V.M. followed with Insulator.

imported_CBX Carl
11-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Stronger than DACP - 3M rubbing compound fine cut.

I too was out in the weather on Saturday morning. I wanted to work some lingering water spots, spiders marks and swirls in the hood of my Truck. A few scratches from from a winter snow brush as well.

I had excellent results with 3M rubbing compound Fine Cut. I used a terry cloth applicator working by hand on the water spots and scratches. It hazed up nicely and was easy to guage my progress. I followed up with the PC , yellow pad and 3M SMR for dark cars, White pad and Meguiars #9 , white pad and Klasse AIO and then SG by hand with a foam applicator. This is the first time I went thru the complete process and the results are credit to Autopia. The finish on the hood is stunning. I put a second coat of SG on the hood on Sunday morning and will continue the rest of the truck.

Spilchy
11-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by lawrencea

What about Meg. #2 fine cut , is that stronger or weaker than DACP. You guys are right about Collinite Insulator a super wax. I put some on my car last week and when I get a chance I will do my wifes van for the winter. Ill do hers with V.M. followed with Insulator.

It`s my understanding that Meguiars Fine Cut is LESS abrasive than DACP.

I am not sure about 3M Fine Cut. But it doesn`t hurt to try that first especially since it is readily available at Pep Boys.