PDA

View Full Version : Windows -- What do you guys use that will not streak?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_SilverStallion
11-08-2003, 10:58 PM
I use good aerosol cleaner but I STILL have streaks. What works best? I have been using paper towel, but I am running out of patience.

What do the pros use? I have perfect paint and streaked windows.

~Darren

PakShak
11-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Hi SilverStallion,

I tried the Meguiar`s FD on the windows today with a mf towel and it worked like a charm. Just make sure your under the shade.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

imported_f150smith
11-08-2003, 11:07 PM
I`m not a pro but I use Stoners Invisible Glass cleaner and 2 MF towels. One towel to clean the glass with the Stoner`s and the second to buff after cleaning. Does a great job and does not streak.

GoodnClean
11-08-2003, 11:37 PM
I`ve completely abandoned glass cleaner and use Poorboys Spray and Wipe. Works fantastic.

madazskunk
11-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by GoodnClean

I`ve completely abandoned glass cleaner and use Poorboys Spray and Wipe. Works fantastic.

I`ve done the same with quikshine!

Jesstzn
11-09-2003, 01:43 AM
If your talking about inside streaking after using a window cleaner try this.

a) Wipe the window down with a dampened paper towel

b) wipe it dry with a clean dry M/F towel folded in a square.

Since I started doing this I have used the "windex" or whatever once then since then I have done nothing but a & b above for close to a year .. streak free windows. Same works great on glass coffee tables if ya want to gain a few brownie points wiff da Mrs.

Also environmentaly friendly for those who think that way and "Cheap" for those who think "that" way.

Pats300zx
11-09-2003, 07:18 AM
I have great success with Stoners IG and a MF towel. No streaks whatsoever. I recently picked up one of those "Glass Master" window tools to use to get into the hard to reach places. I will do a review on it to see if its worth it.

imported_memnuts
11-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

I have great success with Stoners IG and a MF towel. No streaks whatsoever. I recently picked up one of those "Glass Master" window tools to use to get into the hard to reach places. I will do a review on it to see if its worth it.

Looking forward to your review, Pats300ZX. My 4th gen Camaro ( highest rake for production vehicle in USA) is a real PIA. Thanks goodness I rarely drive her. :xyxthumbs

dlw
11-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Stoner`s with MF towels will do the best I`ve ever seen, but the real key is to pick a few MF towels, preferably a different color so they don`t get mixed in with others, and never, ever use them for anything but windows. Once you use them for polish/wax, they will never become totaly clean and will streak the glass. Many times, using my "windows only" MF`s, I don`t even need to use anything but a spritz of water on the glass.

n2_space
11-09-2003, 09:57 AM
I use a combo... I use Eagle one 20/20 with a MF on the outside and Stoner IG with a MF on the inside :)

DaGonz
11-09-2003, 10:30 AM
I hate doing windows.....

Paintxpert
11-09-2003, 10:45 AM
Weekly - Slightly damp MF in and out.

Monthly - Autoglym Fast Glass and a MF in and out.

Looks :cool: :up

Bill D
11-09-2003, 11:04 AM
I abandoned Stoner IG, still streaked even when using with a mf. Also tried the newspaper method: still streaks and a big mess.

Hope they changed their formula since. Aftr that i got a Viper glass mf, works fine damp, dry with the plush side or another mf.

When I need a cleaner with the mf on the glass I now use a vinegar based glass cleaner works great, problems solved :up

imported_SilverStallion
11-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys -- it appears that I will be buying a few MF Towels ONLY for windows...I appreciate the input!

Gotta say that this site simply rules...it is nice to know that I am not along in wanting my car perfect.

Regards,

~Darren

imported_Doc96
11-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Stoner`s and MF seem to work best for me. I`ve tried most other methods ( Vinegar and water, Windex, etc).

Doc