PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy.......

C-MDX
11-08-2003, 07:29 PM
I should of ask this earlier but it`s the same anyway (took place about 3 days ago). So one day my wife was parking the car, she heard something on the rear back door so she back up and park the car again. When she came out of the car, looked at the rear right door, she saw a scratch. She told me after I came back home from work so I went to the garage and feel the scratch. The scratch is about 4" by 6 to 8", I could feel the scratch by my finger nails. The worse thing is this is not my car!!!! It`s the dealers service replacement vehicle!!! We drove it for a week now because our car has some kinda problem with a sensor after an accident about 2 months ago (the body is fixed). I know ScratchX can`t remove it because I can feel it with my bare hands. The depth is about 2mm deep and there is a little ding on top of it. Can I go to a professional detailer and hid the scratch completely or do I have to take the punishment of paying the dealer to repaint the whole door??? I you`re from Vancouver B.C do you know any good professional detailers?? Will post pics if I can :(

Scott P
11-08-2003, 07:39 PM
That`s a toughie. You could try to work it out with Scratch-X, but if it`s as bad as you make it out to be, then it may not work. You can try a local detail shop to get their opinion. I don`t quite know what the dealership will charge for it. Maybe you can wax and detail the rest of the car. Let the shine distract them from the damage...:D

C-MDX
11-08-2003, 08:18 PM
But it`s so obvious :(

Dinzdale40
11-08-2003, 10:04 PM
don`t clean it, drive in rain and on dirty roads. you can`t see scratches through dirt.....i am just kidding tho, I would try and do the honest thing...

GoodnClean
11-08-2003, 10:34 PM
I doubt they`ll care actually. Loaners and rentals get scraped up all the time. I walked in and told them that someone had scratched a rental in a parking lot one time and the guy says "Oh no, where is it?" so we went out and looked, it was probably 12 inches long paint scrape. He said "Thats it? I thought you meant they ripped a door off or something" He didnt care.

I`d just turn it in and dont say anything. Unless we`re talking serious damage they aren`t going to care. Its a loaner.

dex
11-09-2003, 08:36 PM
is your mdx at north shore acura getting fixed, cause i was there the other day and saw an mdx getting its tranny replaced?

king_hil
11-11-2003, 12:33 AM
i`m sure all these dealers and rental places have insurance for these kind of mishaps.

i wouldn`t worry about it.:)

C-MDX
11-11-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by dex

is your mdx at north shore acura getting fixed, cause i was there the other day and saw an mdx getting its tranny replaced?

No. My car is a 1998 Volvo S70. The loaner is a 2003 S60. I did own a MDX before but sold it. Now I ended up with my Volvo.

mrbean
11-11-2003, 02:44 PM
might be call them and ask what will happen if something like this happened

if they say they got it covered then u don;t have to worry about it

if they say u have to paid for it then u start to think what u should do ?

C-MDX
11-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by mrbean

might be call them and ask what will happen if something like this happened

if they say they got it covered then u don;t have to worry about it

if they say u have to paid for it then u start to think what u should do ?

I`m just worry that I have to pay to repaint the whole door :eek: