PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

PATHFNDR
11-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Two things, guys,

#1...I got polish and wax on some vinyl trim, how do I get it out.

#2... Will Eagle One Wet QD work with Klasse SG.

The car is in the garage now, I missed a piece of trim while masking and got polish all over it, :o

When I get done with the third coat of SG I was wondering if Eagle QD will chemically compliment what I`ve done.

As always, you guys rock:bow

PATHFNDR
11-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Please post here as I`m at someone else`s puter. Thanks

hondaguy2582
11-08-2003, 06:15 PM
i say try some peanut butter or even some alcohol to get it off. Eo wet wipe and shine is worth a try also. Eagle one wet wipe and shine works great for polymers, heck, eagle one wet polish and wax is a polymer, so wet wipe and shine would be an excellent choice.

PATHFNDR
11-08-2003, 06:23 PM
I read the bottle and there was no mention of it`s contents, thus the question. Peanut Butter? Really???? Thanks Hondaguy

Jesstzn
11-08-2003, 07:00 PM
If you son`t like the mess of peanut butter use an Pink Pearl eraser for large areas or a pink pensil eraser for small spots.

PATHFNDR
11-08-2003, 07:30 PM
After closer inspection, the material in question is more like a rubber gasket and it`s texture is rough. All of the above suggestions are not working. HELP!!!!!

imported_Dave Holmes
11-08-2003, 11:22 PM
The above suggestions should help you out. A couple suggestions for the peanut butter trick; use creamy style, and scrub it in with a toothbrush. Let set for a couple minutes, and wash off with a normal car wash. It may seem messy, but it does work.

I`ve also used a quick detailer with a toothbrush with good results. Same with diluted Simple Green (about 6/1 water/SG). Be sure to rinse after the Simple Green, and be careful of painted surfaces as it will strip your wax (which is what you want to do on the trim).

Other people have used solvents with success (I believe PrepSol will do it good). Iso alcohol strips wax, as does lighter fluid, WD-40, Bug & Tar Removers, 3m Adhesive remover , and anything containing acetone. But if you use these, exercise common sense by not letting them dwell on the surface (work/wipe quickly), rinse thoroughly, and dress the trim with appropriate dressing afterwards. I would use the less drastic methods first, and resort to solvents only if needed (this comes back to the rule of "use the least aggressive means necessary"). Keep in mind that a textured surface may require working it in with a toothbrush to be thorough, no matter what product you use.

Hope this helps.

Dave