PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Moose vs. AIO

Jcrawford
11-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Currently i am using ans AIO, SG, S100 routine on my black nissan frontier. i feel as though something is missing, i know AIO and SG is very durable but it doesn`t pop like i think it should. would there be any disadvantages to switching AIO to Vanilla Moose in my routine??

BradE
11-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Klasse SG won`t bond over Vanilla Moose, it contains oils.

Scottwax
11-08-2003, 11:59 AM
You might want to consider trying Vanilla Moose and S100 without the Klasse twins and see if you like the look. It won`t be as durable though.

Accumulator
11-08-2003, 12:02 PM
JCrawford- Switching to the VM would be the first part of a switch away from the K twins. The VM could be topped with either a sealant like P UPP or with a wax like your S100.

The "glaze (VM) with topper" look IS different from the "pure synthetic"/K twins look. You might like it better...it becomes a personal preference issue. But note that it won`t protect quite like the Klasse.

I currently have VM + P21S on my metallic gray XJS- on THAT car, *I* like THAT look better than I`d like Klasse (which I use on other vehicles). It might be just the "pop" you`re looking for.

drdetail
11-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Ive used vm with sg with great results, ive used ihg with klasse before and never had any problems whatsoever.

madazskunk
11-09-2003, 02:13 AM
If your going with vanilla moose you might want to try topping with carnuba moose. I liked this combo much better than the klasse twins on my black.

imported_memnuts
11-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Before you start jumping around looking for a product that will give you that "POP". Ask yourself this question: Did the "POP" exist prior to adding a protectant? If so, then the AIO,SG and S100 may not be your cup of tea. If not, a better prep is necessary to produce the "POP" that the protectant will protect, not produce on its own.

You might need something with more polishing power ( i.e. DACP, Menzerna IP & FP, etc) prior to AIO or even trying VM to enhance the "POP".

Hope this opens another avenue of thought about achieving that

"POP". :wavey