PDA

View Full Version : A product named "WOW: The Ultimate Detail Spray"

JustinR32
11-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I went to the supply store today, looking for some Final Detail. They didn`t have any, but the counterman showed me something called "WOW", and, since you all know that I`m a sucker, you now what I did. (Remember my tag line, "I blew $10 so that you don`t have to"?)

WOW (http://www.autotechmfg.com/products.html#product5)

I used it on my hood, and it worked as advertised; nice and clean and glossy. It looks and feels like the Mother`s QD, but doesn`t smell like cinnamon.

Then, upon checking the web site, the "tips and tricks" page sez "Do not use WOW on a soft-waxed surface or oil-based wax surface. WOW is not compatible with oil and simply smears the soft wax around. Again, WOW is for hard surfaces, not soft (wax) surfaces."

tips and tricks page (http://www.autotechmfg.com/tipsTricks.html#product5)

I didn`t notice any problem with applying it over Medallion, but I wonder about stuff like P21S, Souveran, and the other really "waxy" stuff out there. Has anyone else had experience with this product? (And don`t even thinkabout doing a search that contains the word "WOW"!)

Tom

Scottwax
11-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Hmmm. Interesting product, but it seems like it is better suited for synthetic products than for carnaubas.

imported_Brett K
11-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Whoa!...So you are saying the Wow is more of an Eh! Not Bad!?:cool:

Tom...On a side note...I used the Collinite today on a black metallic Grand Cherokee Overland. It does mute the metallic a bit...but it was a much better way to assess the product than on silver. It looked surprisingly deep. This will give me a chance to keep an eye on it`s durability over time since I see it once in a while.

JustinR32
11-08-2003, 08:59 PM
No, no; it looked pretty good, it cleaned dust and fingerprints without scratching or spidermarks, and didn`t dull the finish nor leave residue. I`m wondering about its applicability over all products, though. One thing, at the very least it will be good for more than a QD. I can use it on chrome, or on stainless, or on the CF interior bits that I don`t want to wax.

Tom

tcfool
11-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Sounds fairly good to me as well.... what was the cost of the WOW? The web site doesn`t show prices... Unless I missed it of course... Always looking for inexpensive QD that works.. I use it all the time...

TC

JustinR32
11-14-2003, 05:25 PM
It was like around $10; maybe $8? for 16 oz.

Tom