PDA

View Full Version : how often to wash after Zaino?

sbgobig
11-07-2003, 05:09 PM
I have 2 coats of Z2 with Z6 and one of Z5 with Z6, how often should I wash my car now? Is every week ok or too much? I also bought some p21s to add on top but now think it might not be necessary.

If I go ahead and top with p21s do I need to do anything else?

acl99
11-07-2003, 05:26 PM
p21s is fine but you will have to strip it before you apply more Z. washing once a week is fine, seems like the standard in non-winter conditions, and i dont think you see too much snow where you live :)

imported_memnuts
11-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Wash as often as you like, especially if you are using Z7 (Zaino`s car shampoo). Zaino is no different than any other protectant. Most quality car shampoos will not remove Zaino. Z6 after every wash and your protection should last quite a while. Since Zaino is an extreme beader, when you see your beading decreasing just slap on another coat of Z2/5 and you are on your way. If you top with a carnuaba (P21S/S100) and it has been exposed to the elements for at least a week, just wash normally and again just apply another coat of Zaino. It is not necessary to be overly anal about making sure at this stage that every molecule of a carnauba "topper" is removed (stripped) because the carnauba is just laying on top of your Zaino foundation and has very little "footing" and no bonding to the Zaino. It will easily wash off. :wavey

sbgobig
11-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a plan, thanks!

Since I already shelled out $25 for the p21s I am going to give it a shot. At least 1 or 2 more coats of Z2Z6 then p21s.

Then stand back and enjoy and wait for rain. :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
11-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Basically what Edwin said, wash as often as necessary.

hondaguy2582
11-08-2003, 06:17 PM
wash your car at least weekly, and spot clay if some surfaces are rough. Other than that, i say try to maintain as much as you want to.