PDA

View Full Version : leather conditioner for WRX

zman71
11-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Noob question re: what to use on my WRX leather seats...

I know that at least part, or most, isn`t really leather, but I believe the seat and back centers are. If I use something like Lederpflege, is that going to be a mess for the `non leather` parts?

Is the Klasse VLR a better option? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for the help - Ed

explorer
11-06-2003, 06:38 PM
If the leather is new,(no cracks or worn-out) than the Lederpflege is a great product, other wise you need to try Leatherique.

I`m assuming this is a newer car, so your first choice is great.

You can save some $ and clean it first with Woolite mixed with water at a ratio of 6 parts water and 1 part Woolite:xyxthumbs

2wheelsx2
11-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Sorry, a bit off-topic, but you have leather in your WRX? They don`t offer that in North America as far as I know....:nixweiss

Anyway, the leather is most likely clearcoated, so you can you any of the vinyl and rubber treatments no problem. Stuff like 303. But if you want to splurge, you can use stuff like the Platinum Leather Cleaning Gel, and then the conditioner.

But as Explorer said, woolite works well.

For newer leather, you really don`t need to go to leatherique.

zman71
11-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I had it installed aftermarket, but through the dealer..... very nice improvement over the stock crappy seat material IMO....

I`ll go with the Lederpflege, since I already have some, if it there aren`t any issues with the non leather areas....

As an aside.... how is VLR for dash etc? I`ll probably stick with cockpit premium, since I still have some...