PDA

View Full Version : Stain on my Lexus leather seat

mizumania
11-05-2003, 07:44 PM
I was told by a professional detailer that the reddish/brown stain on my seat came from the leather belt on my jeans. Obviously i must sweat a lot that my leather belt too is sweating. We tried various cleaners but no luck. If a harsh cleaner was to be used it probably remove the stain but probably permanent discolour my precious/expensive leather seat. I am frustrated, should I just live with the stain or try something aggressive and risk possible damage. Fellow members must have encountered similar problem, therefore, please help your fellow member. Thanks in advance.

acl99
11-05-2003, 08:03 PM
how did you use the cleaners? did you just wipe the area? if you havent try some woolite 6:1 and scrub the spot with a brush, it might remove it.

PAW
11-06-2003, 08:47 AM
Try Leatherique www.leatherique.com It absorbs into the leather and forces containments out. Well that`s what they claim. It`s great leather conditioner any way.

rstype
11-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by PAW

Try Leatherique www.leatherique.com It absorbs into the leather and forces containments out. Well that`s what they claim. It`s great leather conditioner any way.

For stains, Leatherique is not too good. It`s better at restoring and softening. I`d try some mild soap or a leather cleaner again, and this time, use a brush to scrub. Something like this would work well:

http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html

Read their caption... I agree 100%.

togwt
11-06-2003, 10:25 AM
~One man’s opinion~

BW is correct. I`m in agreement with Acuracl98-Woolite /H2O works for me

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect

MarkPinTx
07-27-2004, 05:07 PM
I have the belt stain as well. Tried the 6:1 woolite as well as some stain remover for leather that my shoe guy gave me called Dyo that is petroleum distillate based.

Didnt use a brush though. Was very gentle with the Dyo (didnt want to rub very hard). A no-go.

jfelbab
07-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Unless you have the Analine leather option, your leather seats are coated with Polyurethane, a vinyl like material. The stain you see is probably in the polyurethane coating so you might want to give it a go with a vinyl cleaner like Meguiar`s #39. Test first in an inconspicuous area.

Condition afterwards.

SilverLexus
07-27-2004, 05:48 PM
I don`t know if this helps but Eimann Fabrik Hi Intensity helped me remove a blue paint stain from Lexus black leather seats recently. The HI did not hurt the seats one bit and was a very effective cleaner coupled with an ultrafine MF from Pakshak.

Maybe you could try that here on a diluted basis for safety.

Auto Care USA
07-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Unfortunatly it`s there for good. I had the same problem with a leather coat. If it gets wet and you have leather against leather you have the stain.

jfelbab
07-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Auto Care USA

Unfortunatly it`s there for good. I had the same problem with a leather coat. If it gets wet and you have leather against leather you have the stain.

I don`t think it is without hope. If nothing else works you can use some Hydrogen Peroxide bleaching to lighten up the stain.

Deanski
07-27-2004, 09:07 PM
If you read your Lexus manual you`ll see that it calls for a detergent for wool.. Woolite 6:1.

However, you may have to use a more alkaline product to remove the stain followed by a neutralizer such as baking soda to balance out the PH back. I`ve used Meguiars APC+ 4:1 OR 3:1 to remove stains, then rinse and add a baking soda wash to neutralize the effect.

Once done, and leather is clean prior with Woolite 6:1, dry and treat with Zaino Z-10 for that new leather smell.

Most leather in todays cars are coated. So you could use other vinyl type cleaners. A good scrubbing with a stiff brush, not nylon though.

Regards,

Deanski