PDA

View Full Version : #3 swirls

11-05-2003, 08:43 AM
I did my black truck with a rotery and #9 and loved what I was seeing. moved on to #3 and ended up with small light swirls, they were hard to see but they weren`t there before #3. any Ideas? when I did #7 with a pc I did seem to have that problem. is it my technique? or is it the product? or am I just an moron?

Spilchy
11-05-2003, 09:55 AM
You`re just a moron..... (you said it, not me!)

Just kidding!

I`m suprised to see that you got swirls with a glaze! I mean #3 has next to no abrasives. Did you use a finishing pad and not a polish pad with the rotary? Are you sure you didn`t create the swirls from the actual rotary when you used #9 or the #3 for that matter? Was your pad clean? Did you wipe the #3 with a clean soft cloth?

I think MAYBE you caused the swirls from the rotary??

I use #3 and a PC on a high setting with a finishing pad and achieve wonderful results. It goes on like liquid butter and wipes off with zero adverse affects.

That`s a weird issue you`re having.

11-05-2003, 11:12 AM
funny you bring up pads cause I believe this to be part of the probelm, I`m just tired of buying things and than not use them because it didn`t give me the results I wanted. when I purchased the pads at my local auto paint supplier I asked for white polishing pads. when I finished above process I cleaned my pads and saw that on the back they were listed as a white finishing pad and the soft polish was to be blue. so back to buy more supplies. when I did it with the blue pad it was worse (more like a very slight compound haze) even moving that pad to #9 didn`t give me as good of results as the white. when I use the white with #9 it turns out great. am I not using the blue with #9 enough? I do have a pc now, waiting for pads from megs.

I can also mark this as another leason learned........could you imagen the horror if I had white compound pads and didn`t check the back. I`ll always double check and know what I`m buying from here on out.

Spilchy
11-05-2003, 11:18 AM
I`d try Meguiars DACP and a compound pad with a PC. Follow up with #9 and a polish pad with a PC and then finish with #3 and a finishing pad with a PC and you`ll have a great surface to lay your wax on.

11-05-2003, 11:52 AM
I`m going to give that a try when my pads come in.

I need to fiqure out my "system" before the wife makes me get professional help!

of course I`ll tell her that`s what I`m doing right now......getting professional help!