PDA

View Full Version : CMA pads "scratching" or just me?

outdoorsr
11-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Greetings,

I just got my new Makita rotory to try on my car after using a PC for a few months. After doing some experimenting I have found something interesting:

Using the Advanced CMA pad on the rotory with Menzerna IP the paint is left dull and scratchy looking. If I switch to a Standard CMA pad the paint is BEAUTIFUL. Under the all-seeing 500 watt halogen there are NO marks whatsoever. I was amazed - on a black car at that.... Then after stepping up to Menzerna FP I was unable to get the grin off my face. Finally, I reached the "holy grail" in polishing, at least for my car.

CMA said the pads are the same material though. I also noticed the Advanced generate more heat. Anyone else notice this??

hondaguy2582
11-04-2003, 09:01 PM
advanced pads are made a little bit better, and imo, are better than the standard pads bc they allow better control, and can cover a little more area. They also can be machine washed. Ive used both, i just find the standard cma pads don`t last that long. A little tip though, buy your pads from top of the line, its about 2-3 bucks cheaper than cma.