PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Clay Bar

imported_brerpie
11-04-2003, 08:46 PM
In your opinion, is there any reason to purchase pinnacle clay which is aprox. $40.00 over Mothers Clay which is aprox. $16.00?

Is there something that I`m missing... I`ve heard good things about both.

LOTA OT
11-04-2003, 09:03 PM
Mother`s clay works very well, is cheap, and available locally. Also check out another list fav Clay Magic, just as good and cheaper at $10-11 for bar and lube.

Haven`t tried the Pinnacle, but I`ve heard good things about it and it`s not that bad a deal either (larger bars I think). The fact I`d have to order and pay for shipping prevented me from trying.

Michael

hondaguy2582
11-04-2003, 09:03 PM
get the mothers clay bar kit if you can find it locally(80g bar, showtime qd, and mothers cleaner wax), or if you can find it, clay magic kit(100 g bar and lube for 9.84). Instead of worrying about the lube for the clay, just use a mixture of carwash soap and water as it is a cheaper alternative(your going to have to end up washing after claying anyways). Hope this helps.

imported_FordTaurus
11-04-2003, 09:20 PM
I`ve tried both and found no appreciable difference between the two to warrant the higher price of the Mother`s. I now stick to the Clay Magic and save the $5. I can find both locally at Pep Boys.

-FordTaurus

imported_BretFraz
11-04-2003, 09:34 PM
The Mother`s clay is about the best on the market. They package it with a wax since they figure most people who buy clay at Pep Boys don`t have wax on hand. The Clay Magic kit works well too so if you can find that just as easily, consider it. But if Mothers is all that`s available, its worth the $$.

Skip the Pinnacle kit. You`re not going to notice much of a diff for the extra $$$.

SK2003TypeS
11-05-2003, 01:12 AM
I have and use Pinnacle. It works pretty well. Bars are a little small (I have the smaller bars) and tough to stretch. Don`t know if I`ll buy it again.

Mother`s is a good deal.

kg/cm²
11-05-2003, 11:41 AM
I like Mother`s as well...plus they include SHowtime -- my fav. store bought QD...

shaf
11-06-2003, 01:43 AM
brerpie I`ve noticed you`re starting a lot of threads asking many questions. While there`s nothing technically wrong with this, I highly encourage you to utilize some of the resources here at Autopia such as the search engine and, in this case, the Reviews section as well. You will read more posts, and of higher quality if you were to read an older thread asking this very question, rather than if you just started a new one. The reason for this is because the level of interest and participation goes down if a question has already been asked 43945385 times before. Just my advice for your benefit. :)

And yes, the Mothers clay kit is a good buy in my opinion. ;)