PDA

View Full Version : Doing it by hand?

PATHFNDR
11-04-2003, 03:57 PM
:wavey

Hi Everybody,

OK...I think I`m ready to tackle this. :shocked I`ve just received a clay bar, klasse AIO, klasse SG and some MF towels. Is there any reason I can`t do this by hand or am I gonna kill myself? I have a PC but it`s for woodworking, I haven`t converted it yet. Am I missing anything? The first project, to develope some skill, will be my beater Metro, the paints a little oxidized but not too bad, white paint. The second car will be my girlfriend`s new Mazda 6, to hone my skills, this one is kind of a sea green. The last car will be my S2000, dark silver.

I have a bottle of perfect-it for dark cars, will that totally screw up my white paint? I didn`t see any for light cars or will the AIO take care of the oxidation, the bottle says it will :nixweiss I do plan to wash first with Dawn.

Anything you guys can add, I`m sure, will help:bow

imported_Luster
11-04-2003, 04:10 PM
I detail about 2 customer cars per week and my own 4 cars. I do everything by hand.

Really, I look at it as a great cardio workout. Since this is my only excersize program, I think its great.

I haven`t bought a buffer for that reason.

So, it can be done, but you will work harder and take longer.

imported_kgb
11-04-2003, 04:13 PM
And it depends on how bad the paint is. If it is in some bad shape you will want a pc. I think the only thing you need to convert your sander pc to a polisher is a velcro backig plate and some pads.

PATHFNDR
11-04-2003, 04:14 PM
My sander has a Velcro backing pad but it`s hard. Do I need a soft foam or rubber one?

imported_kgb
11-04-2003, 04:26 PM
I don`t see why you would need anything soft or rubber.

PATHFNDR
11-04-2003, 04:31 PM
OK...cool....should I get a cutting pad? or what?

imported_kgb
11-04-2003, 05:19 PM
best thing to do is get a cutting, polishing and wax pad to start your collection :D

PATHFNDR
11-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Looking into that now. Hey man, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

imported_kgb
11-04-2003, 05:50 PM
No problem-o....just make sure to keep that Honda clean :D