PDA

View Full Version : I think im ready

BlueRanger
11-04-2003, 02:09 AM
O boy, after 3 weeks of consistantly sitting here reading and absorbing and what not I am ready to go get the good stuff. This will be used on my 98 Ford Ranger with some significant swirling:

http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=4155&s=14854#content

and my dads 99 Corvette, Silver

Here goes my list, let me know what you think:

I will be gettin a PC 7424 with all the acompying pads.

First off, wash with megs gold class, Clay, DACP, then the Sonus Kit, which has the klasse twins with some other cool stuff

http://www.properautocare.com/klassoncomki.html

I will do 2X AIO, and 2XSG, and top it off with some S100. I know to wait 24 hrs between coats and all that jazz. And finish it off with some FD. Among my other supplies will be the 5 pack of micro fiber towells, and 2 big blue waffle towells(they sound aweosme) Hopeflully you all approve of the list and steps, this is my only question, which wash mitt should i get? Will chenille get the job done with out marring, (i will be using 2 bucket method) or should i get a sheepskin mitt instead? I can wait to make my baby looks its best, thank you so much. P.S. Those pics are after zymol cleaner wax, no polish or nothing (before i knew any better) Thanks again, and :bow Autopia!

Edit: Should i stick with the 6" Pads, or get the "Best foam pads that are 7.5"? Thanks a lot guys

imported_BretFraz
11-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Sounds you are headed in the right direction.

I use chenille mitts but a lambswool mitt is fine too. As long as you are using the best one available, either work fine.

Stick with 6" pads on a PC. The larger pads are better for rotaries and will vibrate excessively when used on a PC.

Have fun and be sure to take "before and after" pics so we all can see your handiwork.

togwt
11-04-2003, 08:39 AM
2 x AIO

2 x SG

S100

FD

~One man’s opinion~

Nothing wrong with this process, but you might want to consider ~ Clay in place of 1 x AIO (I’m assuming you want to do 2 because paint condition needs cleaning, I’m also assuming no swirl marks)

Lambs wool / Chenille pads, either one (just make sure there’re not synthetic)

I use the 7.5†Durafoam pads (I like the ‘safety’ margin 6†backing plate/ 7.5â€foam pad it provides) with a 6†counter weight/ 6†backing plate; I don’t find vibration a problem.

Hope this helps

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect

Accumulator
11-04-2003, 10:49 AM
BlueRanger- Yeah, either mitt will work fine if you get a good one, but get MORE THAN ONE. Otherwise some unexpectedly serious contamination might leave you SOL in the middle of a wash.

I use both sizes of pads, can`t say which you`d like better. The 7.5 ones DO cause more vibration, but then they DO have their advantages, too. Guess I`d say start with the 6".

BlueRanger
11-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Yea, in my first post i said i would clay, then dacp, then aio, cause i do have a lot of swirls from being stupid and not knowing how to clean my truck. Alrighty, 6" pads it is! Ill definilty let you guys know how it goes, plus some close ups of the swirls!