PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on my wax/sealent plan.....

silk27106
11-03-2003, 10:11 PM
1. Dawn wash

2. Clay w/ lub. Clay Magic

3. Zaino wash

4. Pinnacle paint cleanser or S100SEC........ with the PC 7424?

4. Pinnacle Souveran paste wax or S100 (2 coats, 24 hours between coats)

Or go the Zaino Route?

The vehicles are.........

01 black Camaro SS

01 sky blue Volvo S80 T6

Both vehicles paint is in excellent condition, limited swirls. There`s not one scratch on the SS.

Thanks in advance.:xyxthumbs

Scottwax
11-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Unless you go with Zaino, skip the Dawn wash and use regular car wash soap. No need to wash after claying, save that step also. Any minute traces of clay will be removed during the polish step anyway. I`d go with the S100 twins or Vanilla Moose and S100. If you want additional protection, Final Polish or Winner`s Choice are both good polymers and you can apply them over anything, then top with S100. Poorboy`s EX is another possibility too. It is a sealant/carnauba combo that has a very nice glow. I`ve just started testing it, so I can`t really comment on the durability yet though. I just got the Poorboy`s paste wax, so I`ll be testing that soon.

silk27106
11-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Thanks Scottwax, I already have the Z and the Souveran paste so might as well use it........ I got S100 too. Where in the process should I use the PC and on what #?

shaf
11-04-2003, 12:38 AM
You could use the PC whenever you`re using any cleaners/cleansers/polishes. The swirling had better be really minimal though, because either cleanser isn`t going to do a heck of a lot of swirl removal.