PDA

View Full Version : Stronger abrasive than Menzerna to use with 7424??

qwik
11-03-2003, 09:19 AM
I have some scratches on my back bumper (pictures to follow) and im not quite sure what they are from, you can feel them a bit with your fingernail but not that much. I tried using SMR with a yellow pad and that didn`t help to much. Than i tried using Menzerna with a yellow pad and nothing too much better.

Than menzerna with a wool pad, nothing too much better. All this was with a PC 7424. So now i feel i need to step up to something more abrasive, but i`m wondering if i`m limited by the PC and if i really need an orbital. Any suggestions for removing these scratches would be great, i know pics would help so i`ll try to get them up quick.

imported_Greg
11-03-2003, 11:11 AM
I would suggest some Megs. DACP, or some medium cut. If these don`t take it out, I would venture to guess that the PC just isn`t going to take care of them and the next option is a rotary.

imported_memnuts
11-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Ditto. :wavey

350ZYA
11-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Which Menzerna did you use. There is a Power Gloss that has more abrasives. Properautocare.com has a spot repair kit for the PC, but sounds like you already tried everything in that but the power gloss.

qwik
11-03-2003, 10:22 PM
I used Menzerna Intensive followed by final polish, didn`t help much. Is DACP stronger than Menzerna Intensive?

imported_Greg
11-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Yes.