PDA

View Full Version : AIO - Abrasive ?

pingable
11-02-2003, 09:27 PM
I know AIO has some minor abrasives. Planning to take advantage of 78 degrees expected temperture out here in NYC tomorrow to do my winter prep.

Car was clayed/polished out 2 weeks ago so the paint is in great condition.

Will I see any benefit using the AIO with a dual action.

If not, I`ll use use a applicator and followup with a coat of SG

Accumulator
11-03-2003, 10:19 AM
chefwong- IMO, AIO is about an non-abrasive as products of its type get; it is primarily a CHEMICAL cleaner. I almost ALWAYS use it with a DA , with great results. I am able to cover a greater area, more thoroughly/often, faster and more easily than I can by hand. With the PC on 4 or so, think about how many orbits per minute you`re getting, and imagine trying to duplicate that by hand! But then I usually use a machine, even for paste wax!

Jngrbrdman
11-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Do a search for `power of AIO` and you`ll see what is possible with AIO and a DA polisher. I love AIO when used by machine. I can get the same results by hand, it just takes much much longer. A machine can cut the time down by 75% for me sometimes.

Preachers Sheets
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Jngrbrdman - Wow, I remember asking about the PC/AIO but I never saw pictures. Wow.... thats awesome.

Showroom said something about a rotary can AIO. Can it get any better?! :)

Jngrbrdman
11-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Nah... I imagine that the job would go faster, but I doubt that it would get any cleaner. AIO is pretty awesome stuff, that`s for sure. :bow :bow :bow

eclemens
11-05-2003, 09:53 AM
That it is, it just gets gone WAY too fast. I use it on everything. Give the AIO/SG duo a shot on your chrome fixtures and faucets :shocked Then wipe em clean with quick detailer. They stay much shinier and cleaner looking for a longer period of time with much less maintenance. (at least that has been my results).

VV

Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Nah... I imagine that the job would go faster, but I doubt that it would get any cleaner. AIO is pretty awesome stuff, that`s for sure. :bow :bow :bow