PDA

View Full Version : Need Help From PC 7424 pros

phil7533
11-02-2003, 12:59 PM
Ok.

Well I just did a 83 red MBZ convertible last night, started off with burgundy meguiars pad w/ dacp, then went to Meg SMR with Meg

yellow pad, then went to Meg`s #7 with white pad, and finished with S100 by hand...

There are still some noticeable swirls, it`s 100 times better than when I started but not perfect..

Was the burgundy pad not strong enough???

should I step up to Lambswool Pad?? and should I worry about using something so aggressive since I`m just a beginner.

Lastly, I was going to use the MF bonnet to remove the products, do I have to use the MF bonnet over the Lambswool Pad??

Because I`ve seen people use it over the normal Meg`s Pads before.

Thanks.

tpgsr
11-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Ok, Using the bonnet over the wool pad is just to give it extra cushion making it softer on the finish.

Instead of trying to step up the abrasive level, maybe try making more than one pass with the DACP, and let it slowly work the swirls down. Just like painting a car, one heavy coat is bad, and several light coats is great.a

Other than that, the routine seems great, but if you are in a location that is going to get a winter, i recomend something with better protection than s100, i find s100 to give great results, but the winter is going to eat it alive.

Hope that answers all of them

Michael

imported_BretFraz
11-02-2003, 01:07 PM
It`s possible you may not be able to remove all the swirls with the PC. It does a good job for most needs but sometimes only a rotary can deliver the goods. It`s been said many times that a PC can do 80-90% of what a rotary can do - looks like you`re experiencing that 10-20%.

If you want to tackle this you`ll prolly have to step up to Medium Cut Cleaner or even Compound Power Cleaner. MBz paint of that era is hard and thick so you should be OK.

The Meg`s burgundy pad is fine for what you`re doing. I don`t know if the wool pad will help but it`s prolly worth a try.

You can put the MF bonnet over whatever pad you want.

wash_me
11-02-2003, 02:54 PM
I used Diamond Cut and a lambswool pad with the PC to get out 99.9% of swirls on my Benz.