PDA

View Full Version : Tanner`s preserve leather care

explorer
11-02-2003, 11:49 AM
OK ,I am trying to find out who makes this product and if they have a website.:bow

Not that I want to buy it(just got Leatherique)I just want to know more about it:xyxthumbs :wavey

vmunoz
11-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Well my bottle of the conditioning cream says it`s made by "Eagle Ottawa, leading leather suppliers to the automotive industry." No web address though. I picked mine up at a local hardware store and seems to be pretty good.

Hope this helps.

V...

tpgsr
11-02-2003, 12:57 PM
http://www.eagleottawa.com/ ???

explorer
11-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Hey , fellows is this me or it only shows leather and not the products that I`m searching:nixweiss

Am I doing something wrong:nixweiss

vmunoz
11-02-2003, 04:50 PM
Ooops, my mistake. It says "recommended" by Eagle Ottawa.

On the back it has a statement by the president of Eagle explaining why.

Also that it`s distributed by First Brands Corp.

Not much else. :nixweiss

Sorry for mixup....... V

Scottwax
11-02-2003, 05:57 PM
I don`t know for sure who makes it, but it is a great leather conditioner. I snag a bottle when I can find it, usually at Albertsons of all places. Nice leather scent and it soaks right into the leather and leaves a very light sheen.

vmunoz
11-02-2003, 06:14 PM
I agree with Scottwax. It goes on evenly and takes 5 min. to set in and then you can wipe off excess. (if any) I actually prefer it more than the lexol & EO conditioners. :up

V... :wavey

explorer
11-02-2003, 06:23 PM
If you guys have used Leatherique , isTanner`s similar?

vmunoz
11-02-2003, 07:01 PM
No... I`ve not used Leatherique. From what I`ve read, it`s more of a restoration product for older leather, so I`ve not come across anything I`d need it for. I have tried Zaino`s Z-10 and I beleive Tanner`s lasts longer than that. The Z-10 lasted about a month for me before I had to reapply. Z-10 has a more matte look and a much better "leather" smell to it that`ll last a couple of days.

V...

eclemens
11-05-2003, 09:48 AM
I usually find it at walmart or autozone or something like that. Been using it since I actually bought waxes from there too :p (if ther`s one thing I can say about autopia...it`s that it sure has lightened my wallet :p). I really like it and have had great luck with it. With frequent application, it kept my 1987 Mitsubishi Starion leather in great condition. When I sold it in 2002, it still had that new car smell, and I attribute that to Tanners.

VV