PDA

View Full Version : Make my metal flake POP!!

qwik
11-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Alright, i`ll cut right to it. I want the metal flake in my paint to "pop" and really come alive and shine.

My paint is pretty new, painted in March, 02 viper blue base coat with electron blue mixed in. The flake didn`t really come alive until i applied AIO and SGX1, i just added another coat of SG and under say the lights of a gas station you can really see the flake.

Now i`ve read that after maybe the 3rd coat of SG it pretty much is useless to continue so i am going to top it with P21S most likely or pinnacle.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of wax/glaze/polish to use to make the metal flake really sparkle like crazy? Thanks in advance.

http://www.firebirdomain.com/klassedone.jpg

andriver
11-02-2003, 12:06 AM
Sounds to me that you are on the right track. The P21 should work well. BTW nice car.

Pats300zx
11-02-2003, 07:35 AM
I have to agree on Klasses effect on metal flake or metallic paint. I use it on my Toyota 4Runner which has a Millenium Silver metallic paint. It makes the metallic come out so much. I love the look so much that I don`t even top with carnuaba.

Accumulator
11-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Quik- Yeah, don`t be too quick to top your SG. The Law of Diminishing Returns does apply here, but *I* wouldn`t (and don`t, on silver) quit at 3 coats. Keep adding SG while researching just WHAT to top it with (if anything). And the P21S IS much better for this than Souveran, BTW. Also, you might consider Pinnacles Paste Glaze. But *I`D* probably stick with the SG untopped.

fidelfs
11-02-2003, 12:09 PM
awesome car!!

:xyxthumbs

JustinR32
11-02-2003, 04:49 PM
That`s the same car that you painted electron blue, but had problems with the way the work was done, isn`t it? I`m glad to see it came out so beautifully; the mix of viper & electron is pretty dang nice!

I love carnubas, but I wouldn`t recommend them for your car either. I`d stick with the SG, or even Zaino; Z is almost like it was made for metalflake, IMO. I don`t think you can go wrong either way, though.

Tom

imported_RIC
11-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Top it with some Meguiar`s Final Detail quick detailer. I think you will get the "pop" you are looking for.

Be warned that it does contain silicones and is not body shop safe. It is from their Detailer line of products.

I just picked up a gallon today with a free spray bottle for $16.00 at a local car show at a Meguiar`s tent.

endus
11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
To be honest...I HATE that car...but it looks absolutely ridiculous in that pic...REALLY nasty! Nice work!

I too have noticed the effect SG has on the metallic flake really popping. I have 4 coats of SG on now and I think I have finally reached the point of diminishing returns...as people have said. Still though....I think 4 coats is worth it...the effect is pretty incredible.

Gonzo
11-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Search here into a guy theat put PUPP over Klasse on a new Mazda - really awsome. I was so impressed I bought some PUPP to put on my red truck after I DACP it this winter

350ZYA
11-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Careful putting anything like a carnuba over KLA Glaze. Don`t think it will stick to the glaze. Keep going with the layers of glaze. That works great for flake.